Complaint Review: Jorge Murillo, Maingate Resorts

• Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: MLF — St. Petersburg Florida
Jorge Murillo, Maingate Resorts
Internet USA

Jorge Murillo, Maingate Resorts , Luxo Resorts, Cristina Montes Luxo Resorts offer a special travel deal with 3 destinations, Miami, a cruise to Bahamas and Orlando with two tickets to Universal, worth $299 + about another $290 in taxes. This was confirmed via email from Jorge Murillo. Once you are hooked, then they tell you that it doesn't include trasportation between destinations and that you have to pay taxes for an amount of $1,583 US. The account manager Cristina Montes called and said that those were the fees and that it was all in the contract. Big surprise, I never received a contract. Also, the contact emails provided start to bounce back. After calling Jorge Murillo several times it got to the point where they don't answer your call, so I called from my cel phone and they immediately answered. They got me for about $650 US. Once I was told I had to pay all those "taxes" I said forget it. Don't fall for this ripoff scam from Luxo Resorts and Maingate Resorts. Miami, Orlando Florida

I received a promotional email from Luxo Resorts in which they offered a package deal with 3 destinations, Miami, a cruise to Bahamas and Orlando including 2 tickets to Universal Studios. All this for $299 dollars.

I called the number provided and spoke to Jorge Murillo, an agent promoting the travels for Luxor and Maingate Resorts.  He quickly went through the deal making it look as the best deal in the world.  I ended up giving him my credit card number and was charged the initial fee.

Jorge Murillo promptly sent me a confirmation email with a link to my receipt of my purchase. In his email he explains the number of days and places I would be staying and the amount of $299 + 29 dolars per day per family group. This was an extra $290 dollars. Still not a bad deal for everything you're getting. Jorge tells me that the manager would be contacting me soon.

The next day I get a call from Cristina Montes.  Now this lady starts telling me that in order to reserve my place in thier travel package I need to cancel an emount of $1584 dollars in taxes. Also, they didn't include transportation so that would be extra if I wanted to use their services and would cost an extra 250 dollars per person from Miami to Ft. Laurerdale to Orlando and back to Miami.

When I asked her what the taxes were she just said that those were the hotel taxes and port taxes and that it was all in the contract. What contract. I never got a contract to read. She just siad that in order to book my vacation I need to pay the extra fees.

I called Jorge Murillo again, using my cel phone as they now won't answer if I call using the phone I used before. He said it was very strange that his manager changed the deal as he was authorised to offer the $299 deal.

I have sent emails to the contact emails sent to me, half of them bounced back and the others never answered.

So, please, if you ever get an email from Luxo Resorts, report it as spam and trash it immediately.  I got duped for over $600 dollars which I know I'll never get back thanks to this Ripoff scam.

Marc

St. Petersburg, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jorge-Murillo-Maingate-Resorts/internet/Jorge-Murillo-Maingate-Resorts-Luxo-Resorts-Cristina-Montes-Luxo-Resorts-offer-a-spec-1051443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jorge Murillo, Maingate Resorts