Complaint Review: Josef Silny & Associates

• Updated: Wed, August 03, 2011

• Reported By: Wail — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue Internet United States of America

Josef Silny & Associates Ripp off company. took my money and gave me worthless evaluation. 170 dollars. refused refund Internet, Internet

I hold an MBA from the university of north Florida but my batchlor degree is from Damascus Syria. When I was in Houston TX I have my transcirpts  evlauted  by  company called Spantran educational services in Houston . They did a wonderful job in evaluating the transcirpts and I was given 138 US credit hours. . Based on their evalution I was able to apply to the MBA program in Jacksonville Fl and I graduated with MBA in december 2005.  However, since then , I decided to try to get my CPA licence and found out that the board of accounting in Flrodia require the trnascripts to be evalutaed by certain agencies ( Joseph Sinly for example) . So, in order to avoid the hassale, I sent the same transcripts to Joseh Sinly and asscoiates. Before I send the transcripts I had tried to speak with them but their rude customer service agent asnwered me that she could not help me with anything unless I send a money order of $140 with my orignal transcirpts to her. I went a head and printed out an application form  from their website and sent it together with the money order and 3 color copires of my transcripts.

After 4 days I got an email from Gian Inchauspe who is supposabley one of their evaluators and she told me that she recieved the papaers and that she is going to need addtional 30 dollars for something called upper division service.I went a head to paid it with a credit card. Then after 3 more days I recivied an email from Gian  saying that she noticed that my transcripts from Damascus ( 13 years old) does not show the instrcuting time and she need that on the transcripts in order to do a complete evaluation. Otherwise, she will do an avaluation without determining the number of credit hours that I have. I told the lady that my Trasncripts were alreday evalutated by Spantran and the univeristy of north Florida and that Damascus university does not use the hours system so I have noway of providing that. I told her that I need the credit to be reflected on the evaluation in order ot apply to the CPA licence. Otherwise, I have no need for the evaluaiton and I need my money refudned . Also I explained that since Spantan was able to do the evaluation ealrier and  coverted  the Syrian degree to US credit hours she  should be able to do the same. The lady refused to accept my reqeust for the cancelation of the evaluations since it's so not going to be any help for me and she insisited on sending me this worthless evaluation and charged me the 170 dollars. This is an educational service and I do not think that my future should rest on  bunch of crooks. Please Help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2011 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Josef-Silny-Associates/internet/Josef-Silny-Associates-Ripp-off-company-took-my-money-and-gave-me-worthless-evaluation-760444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Josef Silny & Associates