Complaint Review: Joseph A Guardi auto Sales Binghamton NY

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 14, 2012

• Reported By: James R. S. — Binghamton New York United States of America
Joseph A Guardi auto Sales Binghamton NY
245 Conkiln Ave. Binghamton NY 13903 Binghamton, New York United States of America

Joseph A Guardi auto Sales Binghamton NY Conned, Lied To Me, And Ripped Me Off. Illegally Inspected! Binghamton, New York

*Consumer Comment: satisfied customer

*Consumer Comment: no lifetime warranties

I put a down payment on a Crysler Town and Country Van in May, Imediately I started having problems, the rear hatch was jammed, the brakes were loud and squeeky, the passengers side headlight refused to work on low beam, the linning around 3 of the doors was falling off.

The drivers door still doesn't close causing the interior lights to come on, the fuel pump went within a month, the tires were worn, the breaks when check by their mechanic who swore he inspected it were incrusted in rust and god knows what else. He had to take a sledge hammer to even remove the drums in the rear.

I expained that all of the problems with the van had not been fixed, and that I wasn't happy durring my payment day on 9/10/12, and was told by their new mechanic that everything was going to be repaired, at no cost to me.

I called today 9/12/12 when the van suddenly died in traffic leaving me and my small children in a unpowered roll towards other cars with cars flying up behind me, little stearing control and even less braking power with the engine dead. [continued below]....
..... The engine light came on, the oil light came on, and the van refused to start!

My children lives were at risk. This car dealer Joseph A. Guardi Auto Sales are plain and simple rip-off artist who inspect the junk cars them selves (Mine for sure), most having been in accidents, or well past their prime, and sell them as good condtion cars way over the blue book price.

I am still paying on my papper weight of a van, I am disabled, a single father of 6, and now cant even get around because of thier empty promises to fix the problems, and now total refusual to after I made my last payment! This guy needs to be closed down and fast!

I saw another customer their who had just filled her car with gas and hers had just broken down as well. She was as angery as I am now. Some one needs to help us get this guys license pulled! Illegal inspection and all!

I want a refund of every penny this con artist took from me and my babies on our very limited, below poverty level income. Can anyone help us, or at least stand with us hold a rip off banner in front of the car dealership?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-A-Guardi-auto-Sales-Binghamton-NY/Binghamton-New-York-13903/Joseph-A-Guardi-auto-Sales-Binghamton-NY-Conned-Lied-To-Me-And-Ripped-Me-Off-Illegally-940046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph A Guardi auto Sales Binghamton NY

satisfied customer

AUTHOR: tfkohman - ()

i purchased my car from joe approximately 2 weeks ago...the price was within $100 of its value according to kbb.com...there turned out to be a couple of problems with the car after i'd left the lot with it. i immediately brought it back. the first problem was the alternator started making a noise. joe immediately had his mechanic replace it.

also, the fan, heat and ac werent working. his mechanic couldnt figure out the problem...so he sent me to another mechanic who also couldnt solve it...then he asked me to leave the car for a day and he would make sure it got fixed...and by the end of the day it was! he was relentless about getting it fixed...he is honorable, honest, and an all around good man. the things in the complaint above are mostly things that wouldve been obvious on a test drive or pre-purchase examination...who buys a car an older car and doesnt pay attention to rust?? and a fuel pump a month later breaks down and you want the dealer to replace it?? the tires were bad? didnt notice that either when purchasing the van??

if he drove the thing he must have opened the drivers door and wouldve noticed a problem then...sometimes drums can get rusted from sitting but driving it around for awhile will resolve that...and i have never seen anyone take off drums without having to bang it off...and a walk around inspection shouldve told him if there was a problem with a headlamp and a hatch door. these are things that can be expected with an old car...not things that occurred after purchase...he shouldve noted these things before...

each car come with a standard warranty...and offers higher warranties at a fair price...i have a 6month unlimited miles warranty practically bumper to bumper...if your going to buy an old car or car with high miles, that should be common sense, otherwise it is your gamble...of course he cant warranty everything on every vehicle, he runs a business to make a living...and he is a very generous community man who should be respected as such...

i would recommend joe to anyone and i would be a repeat customer when the time comes that i look for a new vehicle...

no lifetime warranties

AUTHOR: frankie c - (United States of America)

i have purchased a vehicle from joe in the past. he offers older vehicles and finances them as well with no interest. he offers a 30 day warranty. you can't expect a 15 year old car to not need repairs. he offers a service to people who have bad credit. unfortunately he cannot offer a new car warranty on these vehicles. i have been very pleased with joe's company.