Complaint Review: Joseph Chinnock

• Updated: Tue, March 23, 2010

• Reported By: scammed — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Joseph Chinnock
1630 30th Street, Suite #172 Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Joseph Chinnock Cannon & Associates job search scam theft misrepresentation fraud Boulder Colorado

Beware:  Joseph Chinnock of Executive Search Systems, aka Direct Recruiting Association, aka Cannon & Associates is coercing people out of money with misrepresentation and fraud.  He creates urgency for job-hunters by claiming he is placing more people in March (or whichever month is current) than he will in the next 6 months.  He claims he has a many jobs in Green Energy and Healthcare (told me he has at least 20+ openings for each) and that it would be $500 for each search.  He sends you a contract (no letterhead or company contact info and appears to be written by an 8th grader) and tells you to sign it and wire him the money.  He sends you leads which actually don't exist (after requesting a list of job openings, I followed up on the only two he sent me and found this to be true).  He never sent back a copy of the mutually signed agreement, stating that he is too busy to do this. [continued below]....
.....  He never summarized his efforts on my behalf, which I repeatedly requested.  When challenged with these concerns of mine, he tells me to check my attitude and that I'm a "loose cannon" - yet he never could explain what he had done for me, the deliverables, he promised me in many follow-up emails.  I asked for my $500 back and he told me he will turn my case over to the principal of the company and their legal team.  When I asked who that was, he laughed and hung up on me.  One can only conclude he is a fraud, a fake, and a scam artist taking advantage of the poor job market conditions and those suffering from it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Chinnock/Boulder-Colorado-80301/Joseph-Chinnock-Cannon-Associates-job-search-scam-theft-misrepresentation-fraud-Boulder-584380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph Chinnock