Complaint Review: Joseph Chinnock

• Submitted: Thu, September 29, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Cal Sharp — Dickson Tennessee United States of America
Joseph Chinnock
36992 Boulder Canyon Drive, Suite 4 B Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Joseph Chinnock internet scam, paypal scam, credit card fraud. Boulder, Colorado

*Author of original report: Issue solved

*General Comment: Scamming again

*Author of original report: Joseph Chinnock internet scam, paypal scam, credit card chargeback.

On July 19, 2011 Joseph Chinnok, who runs a business called A Writers Collective, contacted my graphic design company, Caligraphics, with a request to design 2 ebook covers. The covers were designed and emailed to him and he approved them and paid $60 with PayPal. On Aug 31 he started a chargeback on PayPal, claiming unauthorized use of his credit card, and PayPal debited my account $60 plus $20 for the fee to them from the credit card company. Now my company can't accept payment from clients through PayPal unless I pay them the $80. Apparently he's aware of PayPal's policy of not extending any sellers' protection to digital goods - ebook covers, in my case - and he's using that loophole to get his money back on design jobs.

When I emailed Chinnock about the chargeback he responded thusly:

you need from me to reverse those disputes?
J"

"Cal,
Thanks.
Joseph Chinnock"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Chinnock/Boulder-Colorado-80302/Joseph-Chinnock-internet-scam-paypal-scam-credit-card-fraud-Boulder-Colorado-783059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph Chinnock

Issue solved

AUTHOR: Cal Sharp - ()

The issue with Joseph Chinnok was resolved to my satisfaction.

#2 General Comment

Scamming again

AUTHOR: Krista8 - (Australia)

It seems not enough is being done about Joseph Chinnock and his scams.

Sadly, I fell victim against this Joseph Chinnock.

Joseph Chinnock internet scam, paypal scam, credit card chargeback.

AUTHOR: Cal Sharp - (United States of America)

On July 19, 2011 Joseph Chinnok, who runs a business called A Writers Collective, contacted my graphic design company, Caligraphics, with a request to design 2 very simple ebook covers, just text with a plain colored background, a job that any amateur graphic designer could do in 5 minutes.  The covers were designed and emailed to him and he approved them and paid $60 with PayPal. On Aug 31 he started a chargeback on PayPal, claiming unauthorized use of his credit card, and PayPal debited my account $60 plus $20 for the fee to them from the credit card company. Now my company can't accept payment from clients through PayPal unless I pay them the $80. I don't know why he would do this, unless he's aware
of PayPal's policy of not extending any sellers' protection to digital goods - ebook covers, in my case - and he's just using that loophole to get his money back on design jobs.

When I emailed Chinnock about the chargeback he responded thusly:

"My former partner challenged a bunch of charges. I fired him and no longer work with the bank. What do you need from me to reverse those disputes?

J"

"Cal, I'm cut off from the bank and don't use PAypal anymore. Please forward them my email informing them I had no intention of disputing those funds.

Thanks,