Complaint Review: Joseph Chinnock

• Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Joshua — Mackay Other Australia
Joseph Chinnock
PO box 208, Crestone, Colorado Internet United States of America

Joseph Chinnock Wordsmiths, WordSmiths LLC, The-Elixr scam, ripoff, paypal, cheat, lie, FBI, fraud, false claims Internet

Joseph Chinnock,

What a great man... At least, that's what it started off as.  Many will start reading this, and think... What a fool, but if you follow with me until the end, you will understand what happened.  I was first contacted by Joseph Chinnock on ODesk, a well known site used for freelancers to provide their services in exchange a little bit of cash (Sometimes a lot if the job is big).  He asked me to google his name, the first two things that came up, was this very site, "Ripoffreports."  This DID raise alarm bells straight away, especially as he was asking me to create videos that would LOWER those ratings on google, and make his name come up clean.  The only reason why I started working for him, was because he asked for the invoice of an initial $50 to be sent, then he would send the rest by the end of the next week.

I started work, sent the invoice, and started to increase the videos popularity by sending them through my facebook, dailybooth, and other well known social networking sites to boost his popularity. [continued below]....
.....  He paid the $50 and I had no issues with the payment, I took the money and spent it, and there was no issues.  He gave me his paypal account details, and details to a online shopify account (the-elixir.myshopify.com) and asked me to set up his website, and his paypal cart.

I thought, well this man surely can't be a scammer.  Why would a scammer trust someone with his information to paypal?  The very account that he had just used to pay me just days ago?  I agreed, and set everything to his satisfaction.  He then asked for the invoice of $200, to pay me for my work.  I sent him the invoice, and after four days, he finally returned with the payment.

Now for the GOOD part.........  That very same day, he returned to paypal, claiming a "Unauthorized use of his account."  Now I see why he gave me his paypal information, so that he could then claim I paid myself...  Quite interestingly he then emails me personally claiming that he has contacted the FBI and that if I don't want interpol after me, that I should return the money.

Needless to say, knowing that this wasn't his first time claiming this.  I couldn't be bothered to fight, it's to much effort.  So I refunded the money, but not without FIRST refunding my work.  I removed any work I had done for him (The Videos, the Website, everything).  Then emailed him congratulating him on losing all his work.  The sad part is, that he's scammed a person who knows how to increases ratings.... Doesn't that also mean I know how to DECREASE ratings?  If you are reading this... Don't make my mistake, just file another report :) Saying how he is about to use you too....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Chinnock/internet/Joseph-Chinnock-Wordsmiths-WordSmiths-LLC-The-Elixr-scam-ripoff-paypal-cheat-lie-FB-787506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph Chinnock