Complaint Review: Joseph Philbin

• Reported By: lvacosta — escondido California United States of America
Joseph Philbin

Joseph Philbin Another Great Deal on Craigslist!!!, Internet

*General Comment: Joseph Philbin AKA Eddie Brenner

So I was on Craigslist looking for a great deal on a motorcycle for my husband. Thought I found one so I emailed the link to myself. Took a search on some more cities and saw that this same bike was elsewhere. Thought to myself "I thought you could only post to one county?" So I proceeded to contact the individual on this deal. Below was a response to my asking if the bike was still available. The email address I sent to was janervios@gmail.com.....

The price is $2850. This bike is a real 'head turner' and it will make you proud, it is in excellent condition,never been involved in accidents,1300cc ,only 4,500 miles, VIN:1HFSC55094A004432 clean and clear title,no mechanical problems,no scratches,flaws or any kind of damage,all functional and it will need nothing in the near future.

I have the bike sealed at DAS terminal in Weston,FL ready to be shipped out will take 4-5 days through DAS and it will be free,my previous buyer(his loan did not get approved)already paid for it and DAS didn't want to refund him the shipping fee. [continued below]....
.....
I cannot meet face2face I have a new job in Tucson, AZ I would like to use Autotrader Vehicle Purchase to take care of this deal, smooth and safe. Let me know if you have any other questions, hope i didn't miss anything.
More pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/erpechere/Hondavtx?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjT1cGMuv3xxgE#slideshow.

Now this was where I got skeptical. I proceeded to get some info even asking, Is this a scam because I saw it posted on several other counties? My response was below...

Here is how it works if you have never used Autotrader. You send me your full name and your shipping address so I can initiate the transaction.Autotrader contacts you with further details regarding the payment and shipping process.You submit the payment to Autotrader, Autotrader confirms the payment and asks me to release the shipment.I ship the bike which should be at your door within 5 business days.You have a 3 days inspection period before you confirm the deal and Autotrader forwards the payment to me or you cancel the deal and you get your money back and return the bike free of charge. Basicly Autotrader holds your money safe until you confirm that the bike is what you have been expected and you want to buy it. It is not a sight unseen deal. On the other hand I can ship the bike knowing Autotrader has your money and you won't disappear with my bike. We are both covered.Sorry for the long emails I have tried to touch all bases.

I definately urge people to post their same experiences and include all email addresses. Maybe these can be tracked and those people can be brought to justice for trying to sheist the American people for their hard earned $$$'s

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2009 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Philbin/internet/Joseph-Philbin-Another-Great-Deal-on-Craigslist-Internet-537365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph Philbin

#1 General Comment

Joseph Philbin AKA Eddie Brenner

AUTHOR: ERIC - (United States of America)

OK I ran into the same thing myself and also looking a little further found this guy is also using the name of Eddie Brenner thats all I have to add when a deal looks too good to be true remember it probably is. I mean he is asking 2850 for a bike that I have never seen for less than 4500.