Complaint Review: Josh Brown - Numa Financial Group

• Submitted: Sun, June 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Medford Massachusetts
Josh Brown - Numa Financial Group
331 Page Street, Boston, Massachusetts U.S.A.
  • Phone: 781-341-0700
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Numa Financial Group I thought it was a real internship, then I GOT USED FOR LEADS WITH NO COMPENSATION!! Boston Massachusetts

*Consumer Suggestion: MA law

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: President/CEO of Numa

I applied to an internship with Numa Financial Group who advertised their internship program with my school. They used the catchy phrase "have you ever wanted to work on wall street?", although the actual internship had nothing to do with working anywhere near wall street.

I went through the interview process and was accepted onto the prospecting internship. My "internship" responsibilities were to generate leads through advertising online and finding business owners that posted capital needs for their various businesses.

The compensation was supposed to be 10% of profit on any leads that went through as deals. I worked for ALMOST TWO MONTHS, and turned in TONS of leads. I made a whopping ZERO dollars, although I was repeatedly told that deals are in the pipeline and they should be closing in the next week or two.

This company is FRAUD and makes empty promises based on future hopes for success. Whenever I asked any questions about the progress of my specific deals (that I was told were promising) all my questions were avoided and passed onto someone else.

I also got an WARNING EMAIL from the career services at my school cautioning ALL students to PROCEED WITH CAUTION. It's too bad I didn't get this email sooner.

A Fair WARNING TO ALL, stay away from Numa Financial Group, although the internship sounds appealing....it will not amount to a thing but wasted hard work and time.

Travis
Medford, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2008 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Josh-Brown-Numa-Financial-Group/Boston-Massachusetts-02072/Numa-Financial-Group-I-thought-it-was-a-real-internship-then-I-GOT-USED-FOR-LEADS-WITH-NO-336224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Josh Brown - Numa Financial Group

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

as of this date the Numa Financial site is off line. Stay tuned for more information on Jesse, Josh and all the boys coming soon.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

MA law

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

In MA it is a criminal offense to not pay wages. File immediately with the Attorney General's office. Also Jesse B is listed as the sole owner on the Division of Corporation website. If the other two clowns are claiming ownership that could well be a cause to investigate fraud charges if they used that information to steal labor from you. There are many many many complaints on these guys. I just have to guess this is the same Josh Brown who appears to be one step ahead of the last group he took advantage of over at BEI in Canton, MA. Real upstanding citizens these guys. Blaming the victim seems to be their regular fall back position. Don't worry criminals are stupid by nature and soon enough these guys will get their due. Any BS they gave you about not being an employee or full comission won't fly they are required by law to pay minimum wage period end of story. Please file with the Attorney General's Office, two or three complaints all at once and they will be gone within 30 days.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Jesse - (U.S.A.)

I am the President/CEO of Numa Financial Group. After this post was brought to my attention, I personally reviewed all leads generated through the part-time "prospecting" internship and was unable to find any leads generated by "Travis Henland".

I would encourage Mr. Henland to contact me personally. I would be more than willing to go through any monies he feels that he is owed.

The part-time internship was optional and most students participated for the experience and education. We allocated more time, resources and money than we saw in profit. Once a week we offered an online/conference educational meeting for all students. There was no time requirements on the students part and to date I have received nothing but positive feedback from all the students.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company