scared

Josh Ryder
Mall Area, Tennessee United States of America

Josh Ryder Amway Salesman Misrepresenting Himself Mall Area, Tennessee

*General Comment: Amway Technics

I was approached by this guy in Wal-Mart while shopping for groceries.  He commented on my fitness level and attire, feigning interest in the sports and activities I enjoyed.  After a minute of awkward chit-chat he suggested that I might be interested in an 'endorsement company' business he worked with and offered the opportunity to 'get free stuff' and 'make extra money'.

He was polite, if a little awkward, and I was pretty sure that it was going to be a scam, but I don't mind listening to people who are passionate about something... who knows, maybe someday something real will come along... so I gave him a G-Voice number and let him call me later with the pitch.  He called the following afternoon and wanted to set up a time that I could log into a password protected web page and view a presentation.

(((REDACTED))))

But I can save you some time with a single word:  Amway.  I don't have a problem with Amway and actually was involved with it many years ago... it's just not something I'm interested in.... What I have a problem with someone flat-out lying to me about the business they are representing.

I called Mr. Ryder back and told him that I was not interested and that I did not appreciate the way he misrepresented himself to me, and he became angry and attacked me telling me that not wanting to sell Amway was the reason that I would never go anywhere in life.  It made me feel bad for the guy, in a way, but it also made me angry enough to post this.

Josh - if you read this - you seemed like a decent enough guy... please go find a job with a company that doesn't force you to lie about who they are in order to start a sales conversation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Josh-Ryder/Mall-Area-Tennessee-37421/Josh-Ryder-Amway-Salesman-Misrepresenting-Himself-Mall-Area-Tennessee-739159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Josh Ryder

#1 General Comment

Amway Technics

AUTHOR: Bondjp - (USA)

I just wanted to tell you that this is a common sales practice with Amway. Amway representatives have very little if no proper sales training. This type of sales practice is common all over the country.