Complaint Review: Journey Pass - Global Travel International

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 03, 2009

• Reported By:Pittsgrove, New Jersey
Journey Pass - Global Travel International
2600 Lake Lucien Dr., Suite 201, Maitland, Florida U.S.A.

Journey Pass - Global Travel International Online credit card fraud through third party website! Easy bakeware offer Maitland Florida

*Consumer Comment: Resolved??? Journey Pass continues to steal with impunity!

*Author of original report: ISSUE RESOLVED

I ordered a piece of bakeware from this website:

It advertised trying a piece of their bakeware for a dollar. After ordering, I received an e-mail from Journey Pass, a company I have never heard of and had no interest in doing business with, telling me I was enrolled for a free 30 day trial as a result of trying the "free" bakeware. If I did not cancel in 30 days, my credit card would be billed $29.95 a month. A packet of useless travel coupons were sent to me, along with a log-in and password to use on their website. I tried to use the log-in information to access their website in hopes of canceling, but none of the information they sent me worked. Meanwhile, my credit card was charged $29.95. I called the company and was told they could not refund my money because I did not cancel within TWO WEEKS of buying the bakeware. WHAT? Also, they said they would send me a special link via e-mail to cancel my Journey Pass membership (What membership? How did I get into this mess? I bought a cookie sheet!) and of course, they never sent the link. The one dollar cookie sheet was too good to be true- it cost $30.

Anonymous
Pittsgrove,, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Journey-Pass-Global-Travel-International/Maitland-Florida-32751/Journey-Pass-Global-Travel-International-Online-credit-card-fraud-through-third-party-we-411465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Journey Pass - Global Travel International

Resolved??? Journey Pass continues to steal with impunity!

AUTHOR: Paradox - (U.S.A.)

"Anonymous" is very impressed that someone from Journey Pass called her to help. She brightly sings the praises of Journey Pass and the supposed "Mr. Jay Warren" who returned her money, blaming a software glitch for mistakenly charging her (now that's a new one).

She says "The gentleman" from the company, "Mr." Jay Warren, "was very concerned that this had happened" and refunded her money. All I can say is that I tried as hard as I could to obtain a refund, asked to speak to a supervisor or anyone else there who could help me, and their only response was that "no one here is going to give you a refund."

"The gentleman" from the company, "Mr." Jay Warren, assured her that the company was investigating how this happened and wants to prevent it from happening to other people. If the company is so concerned, is investigating, and wants to prevent it from happening to other customers, HOW COME IT HAPPENED TO ME ONE YEAR LATER?

Journey Pass has now charged ANOTHER $29.95 to my credit card, AND ANOTHER $29.95 to my debit card!!! That's on top of the original $29.95. So far, the "free bakeware" has cost me almost $100, and I had to cancel my credit card account because it's the only way I can make them stop! And I received nothing, not a thing, for the money they took. I call that fraud. In fact, taking money from someone without their consent and supplying nothing in return, is outright theft.

ISSUE RESOLVED

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I was extremely impressed that someone from Journey Pass called me to help with this issue. The company believes that a tech problem (possibly browser related) is causing people to get blindsided by Journey Pass when they order from the Easy Bakeware site. The gentleman from the company, Mr. Jay Warren, was very concerned that this had happened and refunded my $29.95. He assured me that the company is investigating how this happened and wants to prevent it from happening to other people.