• Report: #220600

• Submitted: Tue, November 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 01, 2006

• Reported By:los aneles California
Juan Juan Hair Salon In Beverly Hills And Brentwood CA
9667 Wilshire Blvd; Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

Juan Juan Hair Salon In Beverly Hills And Brentwood CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS - they are a fraud, will honor valid certificates Brentwood , California

*Consumer Suggestion: Extend the Expiration date

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gift Certificates

Juan Juan Salon located in Beveryl Hills and Brentwood CA, ARE the WORST PEOPLE to deal with. They give away certificates to charity organizations (including public schools)so money can be raised for a good cause. IF anyone of you have been involved with any charity auction events, you know that you can spend hundreds of dollars on those certificates.

Well, Juan Juan claims that they gave away more than 300 certificates to charities, without realizing that it was going to be over their head. I purchased one of their certificates for $275.00 and decided to use it. When I called to make an appointment, the RUDE, OBNOXIOUS rude manager by the name of MARIA from the Beverly Hills office basically told me sorry we can't accomodate you, before your expiradation date. She accused me of perhaps I have purchased my certificate on ebay,....bla..bla...bla... How dare she, I ask.

Bottom line, they are not in good faith, they just give these bogus certificates away and do not follow through. PLEASE PASS THE WORD AROUND ABOUT THEIR CROOKED BAHAVIOR, THEIR DISHONESTY AND RUDE VERY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE TACTICS. I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH CHANNEL 2 NEWS AND THE LA TIMES FOR THEIR DISHONEST PRACTICE. THEY SUCK!!!

Louisa
los aneles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2006 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juan-Juan-Hair-Salon-In-Beverly-Hills-And-Brentwood-CA/-Beverly-Hills-California/Juan-Juan-Hair-Salon-In-Beverly-Hills-And-Brentwood-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-SUCKS-they-are-a-fr-220600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juan Juan Hair Salon In Beverly Hills And Brentwood CA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Extend the Expiration date

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

It seems to me that a good business would at least offer to extend the expiration date of the certificate since you are not able to accommodate her now. In fact I know that most restraunts will do that.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gift Certificates

AUTHOR: Maria - (U.S.A.)

Juan Juan has had many satisfied customers since its establishment over 20 years ago. We are a staple in the Beverly Hills community and regard our customers as the most important asset to our company. Being a well known and widely respected salon, we are frequently asked to give donations of our services to various charitable organizations. Every year, we try to give as we can and have satisfied many of the organizations seeking those donations. In general, the gift certificates are worth around 250 dollars in services and include; color, cut and a blow-dry style. On any given day, there are select stylists and times to accommodate those certificates in order to keep our salon running smoothly.

What many clients may not be aware of is that the stylists are not getting paid for the services rendered that day. It is for this reason that we limit the number of gift certificate services on certain days. All of this information is made clear on the gift certificate, along with an expiration date. Almost ALL gift certificates given by stores, restaurants and various other organizations have a "use by" date for various bookkeeping and organizing purposes. Those were given with ample time to make an appointment and be accommodated.

I spoke to Louisa on the phone explaining this information and there were no more appointments available considering there was about a week left before it expired. Many appointments were made at the last minute and we had even accommodated people over our limit to try and get in as many people as possible. I explained to her that I could put her on a list if there were any cancellations. I further explained the policies and reasoning on the certificate and further explained that sometimes people sell these certificates on eBay and craigslist.com and that in order to prevent this type of fraud, we institute the various stipulations on the gift certificate.

I did not accuse her of buying it on eBay, I simply offered and example to illuminate my point further. Unfortunately, I could not make her happy. We have MANY satisfied clients here at Juan Juan, many in fact who first came on a gift certificate. We know that our clients make our salon, and are sad that we could not accommodate those at the last minute. I apologize for her experience, but I understand that unfortunately we can't make everyone happy although we definitely try and work with our clients. We guarantee that we will always try to please the client to the best of our ability, and insure satisfaction on our services. Thank you to our existing clientele, who can testify that we always put them first.
Maria Figueroa