Complaint Review: Jubilee Builders

• Submitted: Thu, May 07, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 04, 2011

• Reported By:pinckard Alabama
Jubilee Builders
6885us Hwy 231 South Dothan, Alabama U.S.A.

Jubilee Builders They built my home and we wanted a maintance free home so we ask for v siding. Payton ask us to trust him we would love this simplex board siding better. But they didn't install it right and we hate it. It looks like grap and now they changed there model home to V siding and we are stuck with this simplex stuff. ,Simlex came out and said it was not instaled right, and Payton don't care We're stuck Dothan Alabama

*Author of original report: got to be kidding me

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ??

We had Jubilee build our home about 6 years ago when they were getting started. Thought they were on our side but NOT! We wanted a mantaince free home and with that we wanted vinyl siding. But his model home had simplex siding and he ask us to trust him and we would love it. Well we don't. It was bad to begin with . It didn't paint well and 2 years later we had to paint again. And could every 2 years it's AWFUL! But the worst part is we called Tim and others from Jubilee to come see how bad it looked and was falling off and bending out and just ugly. And they cut hugh holes for small thing (like water fausets) They said well they could'nt do anything it was already done and couldn't be fixed (What did we want them to do re-side it ?) .And with in 1 month of this they were changing there model home siding to vinyl siding which is what we wanted. Well now we know why,
We got in touch with the makers of simplex and they came out and was not happy with the installation. It was not put up right and was just gonna get worse. (And has) They would not sell to this company any more because of poor workmanship.It makes them look bad, but in the mean time i still have simplex poorly installed. And jubilee could care less. They got ther money and don't fix anything after. My house has to be painted every 2-3 years and very costly all because we were ask to trust him(Payton). We have sent others to have a house built because the house it self is fine, but we tell them if he says the words trust me!!! DON't ! do it your own way. Cause he just wants the easy way and you know what you want in the long haul. NO MANTAINCE. And we don't have that.So we don't like our dream home because we think on the outside it looks like a 50 year old house and falling apart. It's sad because we have to pay for his poor workmanship and he don't care to make it right.I would think he would want to keep his clients happy and he has never sent us a referrel fee either, that was another trust me!!!!

Floyd
pinckard, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2009 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jubilee-Builders/Dothan-Alabama-36301/Jubilee-Builders-They-built-my-home-and-we-wanted-a-maintance-free-home-so-we-ask-for-v-si-449638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jubilee Builders

got to be kidding me

AUTHOR: Floyd - (U.S.A.)

Are you saying that you didn`t put this on my house ? Not sure what your trying to say?
 I called the company on my papers that you gave me and that is who said they will not sell you any more, because they sent a rep out to our house several years ago like 8-9, and we were told that it was put up wrong and it will not last because of that reason. I will be happy to put our address on here 1900 forest dr. pinckard  and anyone is welcome to come see the piss poor job of cemplex on our house.The shoddie wood work and the huge holes that your guys made and never fix just left them. Poor paint job.
And the house is only 10 yrs old now.( when i tryed to get you to fix this was about 8 yrs ago).Tim came out here and told us you were not gonna do any thing.Wood is rotten and all the trim has got to be replaced and should have been 6 yrs ago. The board around my kitchen had 500 bang hits like who ever put it up couldn`t see the nails. It`s all banged up .And yes you probably have sold several homes, because you had to get better. couldn`t get any worse.
We were the beginning of your mishap.Glad and hope that you have learned by your mistakes. I HOPE!But good business is good business. And thats not your business.
 I also think your sec took a check of ours and cashed it. the one that stole from you? She got a check from Kevin and you wife picked one up from me,at work. The sec. wasn`t supposed to cash hers.But she did,we found out later after you put her in jail.So we will not recommend any more. But looks like you don`t need us any way HUH? You got our money,Plus.
And you did take it off right after we turned in our complaint. And you know we wanted vinyl siding. Still do, Sad that we have to put out so much money after just a couple of years. Just don`t let these people talk you out of anything. Tell them its my house!!!! Floyd Pickard, Al

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

??

AUTHOR: peyton thomas - (United States of America)

floyd...i checked your file for an hour and found no warranty forms at all.  fiber-cement siding is an upgrade from vinyl.  ive put it on 300 other houses around you.  i never purchased cemplank from cemplank!  there rep would have been frank keller from "the woodpile".  ive been seeing frank regularly (our kids play on the same travel baseball team)...and he has never mentioned your house to me! in regard to changing our model to vinyl....we had to.  at the price we were charging customers per foot...around 50 dollars!...we simply couldnt afford fiber-cement anymore.  but thanks for the referrals...keep them coming...we send out referral fees every month...you have to make sure the customer fills out and turns in the discount card with your name on it...we rely on them....we are still going strong ...headed toward 1000 homes since my wife and i started the company!  almost 400 since you filed this report that i just happened to find!