Complaint Review: Judy Weinberg Re/max RE/MAX Leading Edge Arlington Massachusetts

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 18, 2012

• Reported By: Emily Adams — Arlington Massachusetts United States of America
Judy Weinberg Re/max RE/MAX Leading Edge Arlington Massachusetts
39 Venner Rd. Arlington, MA 02476 Arlington, Massachusetts United States of America

Judy Weinberg Re/max RE/MAX Leading Edge Arlington Massachusetts Judy Weinberg, 39 Venner Rd. Arlington, Massachusetts 02476 of Re/Max was deceptive, took our deposit and never gave it back. SCAM!!!! Arlington, Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This report is patently untrue.

Judy Weinberg, 39 Venner Rd. Arlington, MA 02476

of Re/Max was deceptive, took our deposit and never gave it back. Being a first time home buyer, I did not know that you don't actually have to pay a deposit to a realtor. We contacted her on October 31 concerning a property located in Arlington, ma. My husband and I were curious about the property, and asked for a showing. She said she was the realtor representing Re/Max and the property. She said we had to pay her a $150 deposit for a showing on a Sunday, this was the only time suitable for all involved. We agreed and paid $150, later finding out that realtors cannot charge for showings. My husband and I are young, and this was our first contact with anybody in the housing industry. We didn't know any better. While at the showing, we saw a whole mess of problems, including asbestos, obviously bad plumbing, etc. [continued below]....
....... She told us not to worry, because

1: asbestos is not as bad as people make it seem

2: the asbestos on the pipes was not "the bad kind anyway" and

3: it wouldn't cost us any more than $400 to have all of the problems taken care of.

We continued with the showing, and paid the $150, and left.
We went home and did a little investigating, and found that

1: Asbestos is every bit as bad as people make it seem, in fact worse than most people are aware

2: There is no good kind of Asbestos

3: It would cost up to $20,000 to "mitigate".

We called her to complain, and her response was "well that's what we live with out here". We said we are not interested in the house, and would like our deposit back. She basically told us too bad, and we were committed to use her now.

This was entirely a scam. We relayed this story to another realtor, and he said to call the attorney general, because the entire experience was one big illegal scam.

We contacted Judy and requested our money back. She never returned our calls. DO NOT USE HER AS A REALTOR! Since this situation, I have learned of similarities by other clients on the web

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Judy-Weinberg-Remax-REMAX-Leading-Edge-Arlington-Massachusetts/Arlington-Massachusetts-02476/Judy-Weinberg-Remax-REMAX-Leading-Edge-Arlington-Massachusetts-Judy-Weinberg-39-Venner-942248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Judy Weinberg Re/max RE/MAX Leading Edge Arlington Massachusetts

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This report is patently untrue.

AUTHOR: Judy Weinberg - (United States of America)

I have no idea who this person is, or where their information came from. I have never accepted money from a customer, all my compensation comes from commissions obtained at closings. I would never accept money for showing a property, I've never even heard of that.

I also have no record of anyone ever calling me looking for a return of a deposit. I would like to suggest to this person that they contact me directly at judyweinberg@remax.net to explain their complaint directly to me.

I pride myself on my honestly and fairness, and I am completely taken aback after finding this posting.

Thank you.