Complaint Review: Julie Prevatt

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: Naderite — West Palm Beach Florida
Julie Prevatt
474 Flat Creek Dr Glenville, North Carolina USA

Julie Prevatt Don't vacation here or you will lose your arse! Glenville North Carolina

I planned to vacation for the summer in Glenville/Cashiers North Carolina area.  The women who had a rental efficiency turned out to be a religious fanatic hellbent on making my stay miserable.

I travelled to the area for cooler weather and relaxation for my health and she offered an ad on Craigslist for a rental for first last and security.  Seeing as it was very reasonable cost-wise, and I was planning to spend the summer, I moved in.  The area is rural, but upscale, but I was hesitant about staying  She was willing to let me try it out for a week to see if I could handle it.

On the second week, I was planning to stay on, but she put me off about paying her, stating she would take the check later.  The next day, I discovered black mold under the kitchen sink and figured that was the reason why I was sneezing and my nose was running.  I had initially thought it was pollen or grass related.  When I told her, she freaked out on me, telling me that if her place wasn't sanitary enough I should move!  I told her that I wasn't trying to offend her and suggested ways to eradicate the mold.  She told me that other people who stayed there never complained about it and knew it was under there!

That night, she made noise upstairs till the wee hours.  The next morning she slid a 24 hr eviction notice under the door.

The average cost of a hotel is about 100.00 per night in the area.  I told her, I wasn't feeling well and need a couple of days to pack and find a place to stay.  I wasn't planning on staying in the area after that.

She went to Sylva to the magistrate's office and filed a small claims against me for a week's rent of 125--even though I offered to pay her!

It gets worse.

She disconnected the internet, so I couldn't book a  hotel, but I knew some people in a town two hours away who were willing to help me. I called the magistrate's office in Sylva explaining that I had to find a place to stay and had no way to make it to the court date which was very short notice too.  I sent them a certified letter explaining my situation.  The magistrate turned out to be a redneck a-hole from a bad version of "My Cousin Vinny" and sided with her, regardless of the fact that it is illegal to evict someone for retaliatory reasons and only with 24 hour notice.  He refused to listen and hung up in my ear--so much for the judicial system and your rights.

Beware about vacationing in Glenville/Cashiers North Carolina area.  It is pretty and some of the people seemed nice, but they are out for your money and will grab it any way they can.  Don't get on their sweet as pie to scary bad side either.

You will feel quite alone there.  There are plenty of beautiful places all over the world without the preachy religious crazies and backward magistrates in the town of Sylva.

Steer clear or pay the price!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Julie-Prevatt/Glenville-North-Carolina-28736/Julie-Prevatt-Dont-vacation-here-or-you-will-lose-your-arse-Glenville-North-Carolina-1065860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Julie Prevatt