Complaint Review: Julien's Auctions

• Reported By: Matthew K — Prospect Park Pennsylvania United States of America
Julien's Auctions
9665 Wilshire Boulevard Beverly Hills, California United States of America

Julien's Auctions Shipper damaged Les Paul Speakers Beverly Hills, California

I purchased a pair of Les Paul  Altec Lansing speakers from Juliens Auctions on 6/11/2012. I finally received the speakers on August 1, 2012 via Fedex.  The boxes were full of holes and so I started to document the damage with my digital camera as I opened them up.  The boxes were stuffed with packing peanuts, a material not sustainable for the weight of the items. The speakers had not been secured in the box and had been shipped sideways, causing irreparable damage, tears in the sides.

I had emailed the shipper for this company, insisting that he pack these speakers with the utmost care. The shipper packed these irreplaceable speakers with such negligence, so that they are useless.

I faxed Juliens on 8/3/12 explaining that the situation and asking for a refund for my speakers and the cost of repair and called each day with an update for some sort of resolution.  It took 2 weeks for me to be able to speak to a manager and after a lengthy conversation, he promised me a call and to help resolve this problem. I didnt receive a return call and took my issue to the Better Business Bureau, who then closed our complaint due to no resolution from Juliens.

I had called and spoken to many members of the Juliens staff with many promises of return calls.

I sent a second fax 8/24/12, and emailed a copy to the owner, Darren Julien. Darren Julien had been vacationing in Europe.

I received an email from Hillary. There was some correspondence with no real resolution, but a suggestion to speak to Fedex. I spoke to her personally and with assurance that she would speak to managers and get this issue resolved. She was unable to understand that Fedex should not be responsible for the damagethe shipper had neglected to pack the boxes
correctly.

I spoke with Hillary with respect and in clear and concise terms that I wanted a full refund.  She told me that I should email the owner, Darren Julien.

There was no recognizable response for up to 3 weeks after my initial fax and phone calls. There was no acknowledgement or apology of any wrongdoing on their part.

Fedex had denied my claim because Juliens filed and received the money spent to send the packages.

To this day 1/3/13, I have not received a follow-up phone call, an apology or a check for my initial shipping costs or a refund of my purchase price.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juliens-Auctions/Beverly-Hills-California-90210/Juliens-Auctions-Shipper-damaged-Les-Paul-Speakers-Beverly-Hills-California-990650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Julien's Auctions