Complaint Review: Jumbo Auto & Truck Plaza

• Reported By: Tracy — Stuart Florida
Jumbo Auto & Truck Plaza
4405 S. US Highway One Fort Pierce, Florida USA

Jumbo Auto & Truck Plaza Sells Junk Cars Fort Pierce Florida

*Author of original report: Car is fixable, dealer is repairing for cost of parts only

*Consumer Comment: Just Wondering...

Went here to buy a car for my daughter who is away at college.  Marc assured me that the Toyota Corolla I was interested in (and could afford) was a nice reliable car. So a couple of days go by and I take it into the Toyota dealer for an oil change and general inspection. My friend works there, so I know that I won't be taken advantage of there.

WELL! The oil pressure wouldn't hold so they pulled the oil pan.  There were CHUNKS of the engine in it, and the screens were completely clogges with debris.  The rack and pinion is also leaking, the wheel bearing is bad, and that's not even counting the cosmetic issues (which I didn't really care about, I just wanted a SAFE and RELIABLE car).

I feel taken advantage of, and now this Marc won't take my calls.  The owner is never in, and I can't get past a secretary.

I paid cash for this car and now it needs more than double the amount I paid in repairs in order to be safe to drive.

DO NOT BUY from these jokers!  They have a location in Hollywood, FL as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jumbo-Auto-Truck-Plaza/Fort-Pierce-Florida-34982/Jumbo-Auto-Truck-Plaza-Sells-Junk-Cars-Fort-Pierce-Florida-1076105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jumbo Auto & Truck Plaza

Car is fixable, dealer is repairing for cost of parts only

AUTHOR: Tracy - ()

The mechanic at Jumbo is repairing right now.  No labor costs, only parts.  I have learned my lesson and will only purchase a car after having it inspected by a mechanic from now on!

Just Wondering...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Do you kinda, sorta think the time to have the car checked out by a mechanic is B E F O R E you buy it????