Complaint Review: Jumpjet

• Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: webdeveloper — Florida
Jumpjet

Jumpjet Jim Phillips Offered to hire my company for web development Internet

I was contacted via telephone by an individual by the name of Him Phillips who said he was an employee of Jumpjets stating that they were interested in hiring my company to develop a web site and database for jumpjet.com.  After coming to an agreed upon price I was asked to send an invoice which would be paid immediately.   He told me that he was pressed for time as he was getting on a flight from the west coast to Miami.

I was asked to go onto the existing website and register for an account so that I could "become familiar" with the project I was hired to do.  When I did so, the form to register required such information as Drivers License Number, Social Security number, date of birth, address and phone number among other things.  This information was apparently needed for the TSA for travel on their jets.

I immediately recognized this as an attempt at identity theft judging by the information that was requested.  I played along since I was still promised a deposit to begin work.  I was informed that there was a problem with PayPal and payment could not be completed due to a computer glitch.  (I have never had a problem recieving payment from PayPal)  I informed Mr. Phillips via telephone that I did not do business with scammers.  I then received an e-mail from a person by the name of Will Ashcroft stating that they would not be paying the deposit since I called Mr. Phillips a scammer.

I believe this to be a very well organized identity theft operation although I cannot prove it completely.

(480) 278-0817- The number of Jim Phillips
jimphillips14@live.com - The email used by Mr. Philllips
swa19@comcast.net - The email used by the so called Will Ashcroft

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jumpjet/internet/Jumpjet-Jim-Phillips-Offered-to-hire-my-company-for-web-development-Internet-1044579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jumpjet