Complaint Review: Juniper Bank

• Submitted: Fri, September 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 26, 2011

• Reported By: shady business victim — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Juniper Bank
Internet, Delaware United States of America

Juniper Bank, Barclays Bank Annual fee charged on "no annual fee" account, without notice Internet, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Used to have card

I received an email that my credit card statement was ready.  I logged on to check this out because I had not had a balance for quite some time (at least a year.)  I found out I had been charged an annual fee of $99, even though I had this account for years and it was a "no annual fee" account.  I received NO notice that this was going to happen.  I thought, "no problem" I'll just call them and resolve this.  Wrong.

I spoke to 6 different reps, was disconnected (hung up on) 3 times, asked to speak to a supervisor but they refused, asked for a number to executive office but they refused, and was unable to reach any resolution.  Every person I spoke to did not speak English as a first language.  I could barely understand them, but what I did understand is that they were unwilling to reverse the fee.

I finally found a number to the executive office on someone else's report.  The person that answered stated, "how did you get this number?"  (How professional is that?)  Anyway...at this point I had finally gotten to someone that agreed to help me.  She agreed to reverse the fee and closed my account.

I would NEVER do business with them again. They are supposed to give you the option to opt out before any changes like this are made.  I guess with current changes in credit laws some company's are resorting to shady means to make money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Bank/Internet-Delaware-/Juniper-Bank-Barclays-Bank-Annual-fee-charged-on-no-annual-fee-account-without-notice-643984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper Bank

Used to have card

AUTHOR: CICI - (United States of America)

I also had this card , and I did receive notice it was on the statement prior to the fee. I was not willing to pay the fee so I closed my acct and the fee was reversed without all the drama.