Complaint Review: Juniper Bank

• Submitted: Mon, April 25, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 25, 2011

• Reported By: Amber3482 — Petoskey Michigan United States of America
Juniper Bank

Juniper Bank Barklays I sent out a check on April 5th for a payment due on April 16th. They claim that they didn't receive the payment until the 22nd. Charged me late fees and interest fees, etc... Called customer service, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Better way to pay

I pay all my bills the old fashioned way. I don't like to rely on internet to do that.  I sent out my payment for the month on the 5th of the month for a payment that was due on the 16th.  Meanwhile a few days after the 16th, I began receiving email alerts that the payment was not made, and then a phone call at home. I ignored these because I checked back on my check registry and noticed that I wrote and sent out that group of bills on the 5th.  I called customer service and got the run around and was advised that they weren't going to make it right.

I will be cancelling this account and transferring to another card, but this is ridiculous.  I don't know if they have done this before, I have never received notifications, but I can't believe they can get away with this.  And then to make it sound like it was my fault because I didn't pay by phone or on the internet.  Come on, give me a break.  I hope you can get enough complaints to cause this company problems, as my blood pressure is very high today, and I am sure I am not the first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2011 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Bank/internet/Juniper-Bank-Barklays-I-sent-out-a-check-on-April-5th-for-a-payment-due-on-April-16th-The-721740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper Bank

Better way to pay

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

Actually, the internet is a better way to pay.   You get an instant confirmation of your payment that is proof that you remitted the payment.  If you don't receive a confirmation, then you know right away that something is amiss.  Have you considered that the U.S. Postal Service is at fault here?  I've had mail take the "scenic route" before.

drugs