Complaint Review: Juniper Barclay Bank

junipercards.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Juniper Barclay Bank How to be targeted in a racial profile-let Juniper Bank do it for you free of charge. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Don't pay any attention to the credit score.

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Consumer Comment: Why is everything about race?

I had to chuckle when I received an email after the fact letting me know that my Juniper Bank card credit limit had been reduced from the approved credit limit of 3, 000 to 2, 200.00 because my use of my card (new customer) was risky behavior despite the fact that I had already set up payments on line before I even received the first statement. In fact I had paid more than the mimimum payment and had not even gottten a bill yet. I was shocked and was charged a 39.00 over the limit credit card fee and then when I looked at the statement they had charged me an APR of 41 percent. I wrote a letter demanding that they put my credit approval back to what I had been approved and they sent me back a form letter saying it is still 2, 200.00. They are the worst card I have ever applied for it is like dealing with a loan shark that comes around threatening you with protection money or else. The only difference is that they are doing it electronically. When I pay off this balance and it will be soon this is one consumer that will definitely not be returning to Juniper credit card or as I call it Jip credit cards from Bullcrap bank not Barclay bank...The most hilarious part of it all was the letter that they sent me said that they would not report my risky behavior to any credit card companies.

I checked the credit score on their so called credit report that they supposedly give you as a courtesy for being a Juniper customer and was really perturbed when I saw that my credit score had dropped significantly from excellent to good. Yikes what a nightmare this company has been and who the heck do they have to answer to? I would really like to know where the consumer goes to yank these companies off the map?

Wanda
Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2007 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Barclay-Bank/internet/Juniper-Barclay-Bank-How-to-be-targeted-in-a-racial-profile-let-Juniper-Bank-do-it-for-you-283836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper Barclay Bank

Don't pay any attention to the credit score.

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

I noticed last month, on my statement that my credit score was over 100 points lower than usual. Being unnerved by this, I immediately ordered my report & score from Trans Union. Sure enough, the Trans Union credit score was still over 100 points higher than Juniper stated, right where it should be.

This month Juniper lowered my score an additional 100 points. Once again, I ordered the score from Trans Union. Now, according to Juniper, my Trans Union Trans Risk score is over 200 points lower than my real Trans Union score.

They better not use the bad info they have to raise my interest rate or lower my limit. At least I have proof their info is wrong. However, I am out the money I used to order the report and score for 2 months in a row.

What?

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

First, you don't have excellent credit - you don't know what your credit score is until you use a legitimate and independent credit service like TRW or Experian to give you your credit score. If you have a poor credit score - then shame on you for doing that to yourself and exposing yourself to "poor credit profiling". See, that's what they did to you - it had nothing to do with your race. It had to do with the fact you have a poor credit score.

Yes, they suck and yes, they charge you an arm and a leg. On the other hand, this is what they do because people sign up for their credit cards all of the time because poor and risky people sometimes need credit too. The only way to put them out of business is not to use them.

Best of luck to you.....

Why is everything about race?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Okay like 90% of the people out there you must not have read those pages and pages in your credit card agreement. In there, there is at least a line or two that says that they can change anything in your credit card at any time for any reason. This includes lowering your credit limt or increasing your interest rate. Now, nothing you wrote shows they did any racial profiling, so not sure where you dug that up from that everything is because of race.

But now lets look at the facts you wrote:
They gave you a card with a $3,000 credit limit. Before you even got your first statement you had charged over $2,200. This was deduced because when you said they lowered you to $2,200 it caused you to go over your limit. In their system this huge run up of debt could be considered HIGH risk.

Now, you said you made a payment above the minimum due before you even got a statement. If you never even got a statement, how do you know your payment was more than the minimum payment would be?

As for your credit score, they are just reporting your limit and balance. Apparently you don't know much about credit scoring or you would realize that it was because of your spending habbit, not them reporting the correct information. It had actually gone down for a couple of reasons. The first is that when you apply for new credit your score will go down a bit. This generally will recover in a couple of months. The other(and more important) is your useage. The closer you are to your credit limit the more it hurts your score. Ideally you need to keep this under 30%. By your own admission you had to have been over $2,200. Even on a $3,000 credit limit that is 75% useage which is going to harm your score a lot. So your score would have taken a hit even if they did not lower your credit limit.