Complaint Review: Juniper - Barclays Bank

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 30, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Juniper - Barclays Bank
PO Box 8802, Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Juniper Card - Barclays Bank Bait and Switch interest rate and credit limit Wilmington Delaware

I received an offer from Juniper - Barclays Bank for a credit card with 2.5% interest rate and a credit limit of $2500. I've paid down my other credit cards and wanted to reduce the number of credit cards to 2 or three for easier management. Juniper sounded like a great offer.

After receiving the card, I didn't use it for several weeks, then began using it for business travel. I was out of town and found the card was declined so used another card. When I returned home I called Juniper and they said I was over my credit limit and that my interest rate went up to 19%. I went online to check the credit limit and it was listed as $2500 and I had a balance of $728. I called Juniper back and they insisted that my credit limit was only $700 and when I checked it again, they were right. They had changed it after my first call. The operator said I would be receiving notice in the mail in a few days.

I now receive calls daily from Barclays asking me to pay off the account which I will do today.

Richard
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Barclays-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19899-8802/Juniper-Card-Barclays-Bank-Bait-and-Switch-interest-rate-and-credit-limit-Wilmington-De-466343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper - Barclays Bank