Complaint Review: Juniper - Barclays

• Submitted: Sun, July 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 26, 2009

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Juniper - Barclays
www.juniper.com Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Juniper - Barclays Three years w Juniper, paid one day late & APR jacked to 24% Wilmington Delaware

I have had a Juniper account for three years. Never been over the line, never paid late. I always pay more than minimum balance. I own a business and use the card for my advertising. I spend almost 30-k per year in advertising. This last month, I paid "ONE" day late and I called in to see if they would waive the late fee as other card companies that I do business with have done in the past. It gets confusing when all the different card companies have different due dates. If I'm not mistaken, that is going to change in the near future due to recent Congress rulings. Anyhow, the indian guy refused to waive the fee, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. Same response from the supervisor. I explained that I have given Juniper an extraordinary amount of my money for a very long period and they will not waive a mere $39 ? The supervisor and I had some pretty choice words, none profane, but I obviously hurt his ego. Anyhow, I got my latest statement and they have increased my APR from 11% to 24%. So, I call in again and speak with a supervisor. Same thing....NOTHING. All they tell me is that as per their terms and conditions, if a customer pays late, they MAY increase the APR. It's not like I don't have the capability of paying the $3000 balance off. They just want to make more money. I'm sending them a check and closing the account. Oh, and by the way, the supervisor DID waive the late fee.

Doug in FL
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2009 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Barclays/Wilmington-Delaware/Juniper-Barclays-Three-years-w-Juniper-paid-one-day-late-APR-jacked-to-24-Wilmington-473458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper - Barclays