Complaint Review: Juniper Card , Barclay's Bank

Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Juniper Card ,Barclay's Bank Constant Overlimit Fees - Very Deceptive! Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Credit

Last month I went over my limit by $6.00 and was charged a $39 overlimit fee. I was again charged an overlimit fee 3 days before my payment was made ON TIME.

Although the first overlimit fee was an honest miscalculation, when I requested the fee be waived as a one time courtesy. I was advised that they do not waive fees EVER.

When I received the 2nd overlimit fee and did a little more investigating, it comes out that they give you 20 days from your statement date to bring your account below the credit line. If not, you are assessed an additional fee. Unfortunately I did not realize this until it was too late and was assessed nearly $80 for a simple $6.00 mistake.

Here is how it plays out. First off they do not make your minimum payment an amount that will keep you below your credit limit (if I made my minimum payment I would still be $10 over the credit line). Second when they send you your online statement, they do not warn you that you have 20 days to bring your account below the credit line. So therefore I was charged the additional $39!!!

I have closed my account with them and would suggest that you not even CONSIDER applying for credit with this company. They have very deceptive practices and I have paid for my minor mistake dearly!

Thanks for your time.

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2008 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Card-Barclays-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware/Juniper-Card-Barclays-Bank-Constant-Overlimit-Fees-Very-Deceptive-Wilmington-Delaware-309823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper Card , Barclay's Bank

AUTHOR: Destructo - (U.S.A.)

I've had a Juniper card, that is now paid off. Many people fail to remember they have an interest rate, that in many cases, if you're close to your limit, your monthly interest will put you over your limit. Therefore, you'll receive your monthly interest added, plus an over-limit fee.

My best advice to anyone is to stay away from credit cards in general, not just Juniper. They are trouble.