Today I noticed two charges on my online bank statement in the amount of $9.95 from Juno.com. Unfortunately, I did not notice that this had been going on for a few months.
Considering that I've never even had an account w/ Juno, I realized this was a fraudulent charge.
I called Juno to try to figure out what the charges were for. To start, I was redirected, disconnected, put on hold (indefinitely) and hung up on several times whenever I asked to speak with a supervisor or asked for the operators name so that I could document my call for the authorities. An hour or so into the phone tag, I was actually told that I had to verify my user ID and password to terminate the account even though I was reporting these as fraud (how the hell am I going to know the user/pass on a fraudulent account). ...And because I was reporting the charges as fraud, they couldn't give me any details what so ever on the account.
I ended up calling back a few times and played the forgetful customer game until I got the info I needed. Turned out that there were TWO accounts setup with my debit card in cities on opposite coasts of the U.S.
Makes me wonder what the hell Juno is really doing or trying to protect. I get protecting the criminals identity due to vigilante's out there but to make it almost impossible (or at least after several hours of phone calls) to terminate a fraudulent account makes it sound like they're welcoming any revenue they can get there hands on whether legal or illegal.
Shame on them.
Thank goodness my bank wasn't as evasive.
Southwest Florida, Florida