Complaint Review: Junum And California Financial Credit Association

• Updated: Sat, February 15, 2003

• Reported By:Ashburn , Virginia
Junum And California Financial Credit Association
Nationwide U.S.A.

Junum & California Financial Credit Association Rip-off Billed my previous bank card I called them canceled it 7 months ago Reseda California

I might have filled a free membership with Junum which I do not remember. We live in VA but at that time we were living in VT . I am an electrical engineer working as an inspector in Washington DC, very honest person, have an excelant credit, moved 5 years ago from Austria have five family member,and I am trying to make a good credit to be able to buy a house.

My friend from our previous bank in VT called us and said you have minus in your account from Junum, which we changed our bank and she knows that we are very sensitive to our payments . I got the phone number and called Junum and canceled it and they returned the money, after a while I called again they told me it has been cancelled and I am not in their file any more.

We moved to VA 7 months ago.yesterday got a letter from a company called C.F.C.A and it says we owe $128.75 . I called them, they started threatening me that our credit will suffer for 7 years because of this if I do not pay it.

I really was shocked because in the letter from them it did not say what company. I called and Mrs. Naomi Carter said talk to my manager who was a very impolite person and was threating me to pay this money as quick as possible, like it was his and I was going to explain the situation to him but he told me I don't have time to listen to people like you and hung up on me which is against the law, it realy broke me down. I started thinking that is this a scam? why is this happening to an honest and sensitive person like me.

I am trying to be a real good responsible hard working person. Please contact us and help us avoid this scam. We are trying to go to Junum.com and it says that it is not available anymore and I do not understand how the collection agency can collect money for some company that is not existing any more. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Karl Mirpanah

Karl
Ashburn ,, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2003 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Junum-And-California-Financial-Credit-Association/nationwide/Junum-California-Financial-Credit-Association-Rip-off-Billed-my-previous-bank-card-I-cal-45545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Junum And California Financial Credit Association