Complaint Review: Jupiter Marketing Group

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 26, 2009

• Reported By:queen creek Arizona
Jupiter Marketing Group
P.o. Box 562 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Jupiter Marketing Group mystery shopping, customer surveys, market intelligence & research consultancy Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: What JAG told me to do about it.

*Consumer Suggestion: I AM JUST CURIOUS!!!!

there is one report up with I believe the title of "spectrum." You just have to look up the name Handa Trudel and it should come up. The is the "Human Resources Director" to this "Jupiter Marketing Group". I received in the mail a check for 3,988.28 to become a mystery shopper and with running low on funds and 3 kids I thought what an opportunity to help my husband out with some income!

Thank goodness we did some research. The envelope that this came in has a return address of C.P. 11078, Station A, MTL QC H3C 5B7. Yet on the actual letter it has a p.o. box number in Houston, Texas 77251.

This seemed at 1st believable since about 8 months ago I searched around on the internet for opportunities in mystery shopping. I will keep my paper work if authorities ever need to see them.

Lori625
queen creek, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jupiter-Marketing-Group/Houston-Texas-77251/Jupiter-Marketing-Group-mystery-shopping-customer-surveys-market-intelligence-research-415495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jupiter Marketing Group

What JAG told me to do about it.

AUTHOR: Ohiocymru - (U.S.A.)

My wife also received a letter from Jupiter Marketing Group claiming to be out of Houston TX even though the letter was sent from Canada. However the check originated from a Paris Art Label Company. I contacted the owner of the company. He said that his bank has called him a few other times about checks being deposited with that amount. Obviously he knew they were fraud. Apparently the checks were close in number sequence to his own company's and the face of the check including the name of the bank were almost identical. After I spoke with him I contacted my JAG lawyer. She said to call my local FBI branch and get further information from them. The FBI directed me to their website on which I could fill out a IC3 Complaint Referral. It's a national resource so the word gets out pretty fast. I would advise you to do the same. If you haven't figured it out the way their scam works is they get you to deposit the fake check and send them $3320.00 dollars of it. By the time your bank kicks it back they have their money and you're stuck paying back 4 grand to your bank.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I AM JUST CURIOUS!!!!

AUTHOR: J Pollard - (U.S.A.)

Ok I am just wondering because I just got the same letter yesterday. With a check for $3,993.28. So I am just wondering has anyone ever cashed the check and did what they asked you to do???? Because I did call the company and I got a voicemail and I did get to leave a message on it. But I will be calling it back tomorrow as this is a weekend. But I am just wondering what would happen if anyone did cash the check. I know if you cashed the check and you keep all the money. Then the check can have a stop payment on it. I have had that happened then you are responsible for all of that money. But I am just curiuos if we njust do what they are asking us to do. And actually do it. So just a question and a thought. Just because I am working and hubby is working. And as times are hard right now. I am working at a hotel but I am on call so I dont go in all the time. So $500.00 sounds so good at this moment in time. Just a thought please let me know ok!!!