Complaint Review: Just Answer.com

• Submitted: Sun, March 18, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: Susan — Clay Center Kansas United States of America
Just Answer.com

Just Answer.com irrelevant answer, could not decline,no response on HELP line,charged anyway, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: JA Rebuttal

I contacted justanswer.com for a problem concerning our dog. I received an irrelevant answer, but could not find a button that would allow me to stop payment. I sent a message back, I thought, concerning this. I did not receive any response, and was charged for the "answer".

When I tried to contact their "24 hr. a day" help line, I entered my complaint and was told to wait. I waited for 24 hours and received no response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Answercom/internet/Just-Answercom-irrelevant-answer-could-not-declineno-response-on-HELP-linecharged-any-855738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Answer.com

JA Rebuttal

AUTHOR: EthanA - (United States of America)

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive an answer.  When asking a question on JA, a customer sets the dollar amount that they are willing to pay for a satisfactory answer to their question.  Either before the question is posted, or before the answer to a question is revealed, the customer must make a good faith deposit for the full amount that they are willing to pay for the satisfactory answer to their question.  The deposit is fully refundable if the customer is not satisfied with any of the answers that they receive to their question.  The charge that was made to your account was for the good faith deposit.

The Expert who answers a customers question is paid only after the customer clicks the green Accept button on the question page.  The Expert is paid using the customers good faith deposit, so an additional charge is not made to the customer unless the customer decides to leave a bonus for their Expert that exceeds the value of the credit already on the customers JA account.

An overview of this process can be found on the How It Works page:

The reason behind the good faith deposit is to assure both Experts and customers that the transaction will be successful.  The customer knows that if the answer is unsatisfactory, then their deposit will be refunded as part of our 100% satisfaction guarantee.  The Expert, in turn, knows that the funds to pay for their answer have been authorized and will be available once the customer accepts the answer.

Because JA is committed to customer satisfaction, we offer our customers a self-service refund tool. If you should require a refund, you can process it by following this link:

Of course, if you would rather contact us, we are more than happy to process your refund for you.  You can reach us toll free 24 hours a day at (888) 587-8220.

Regards,