Complaint Review: Just Brakes #335

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 16, 2007

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Just Brakes #335
5528 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd Dunwoody, Georgia U.S.A.

Just Brakes, Just Brakes #335 Scam by "finding" extra repairs, refused to lower vehicle, suggested towing instead Dunwoody Georgia

I took my vehicle in for a simple brake job. This was after extensive engine work had been done on my vehicle 2-3 months beforehand and having it diagnosed for problems at another location. I was sure all I needed was brakes. They suggested I needed my master cylinder replaced, calipers replaced and other items, basically they were trying to get the "price" of a complete brake system overhaul out of me. I have a habit of obtaining a repair manual with every vehicle I purchase and knew the master cylinder isn't a part that would need replacement so soon on my vehicle. When I declined they suggested getting a tow truck to take my vehicle home instead of lowering it and allowing me to drive it out like I drove it into the shop. I explained to the mechanic beforehand I couldn't afford anything else but the brake job I requested. I wanted to call the police just to get out of the situation. They have a waiver form I was willing to sign but he kept pushing the tow truck idea, knowing that wasn't an option for me. While arguing with him I realized they weren't going to let me or my vehicle out of the shop without getting more than the advertised amount they blast all over the local radio and tv stations. I figured the tow truck he offered was also side income for himself, family, friend, etc. I also figured even if I won the argument of taking my car down so I could drive it home, it would probably be sabotaged by then, costing me more money to repair than they were trying to get. I agreed to the master cylinder repair and said I'd schedule the rest later, just get my vehicle and myself out of their shop. They won that day, but they cost my family a great deal of financial hardship. I am a single mom with only my wages as the income for our family, and that income is just at the state recommended proverty limit for our family size. I had to immediately make phone calls to borrow money from family and friends out-of-town just to cover the household bills the repair cost took. It took me 3 months to recover and catch up everything.

Shayweb
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2007 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-335/Dunwoody-Georgia-30338/Just-Brakes-Just-Brakes-335-Scam-by-finding-extra-repairs-refused-to-lower-vehicle-s-285205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes #335