Complaint Review: Just Brakes #604

• Submitted: Fri, March 01, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2002

• Reported By:Brandon Fl
Just Brakes #604
314 E. Brandon Blvd. Brandon, Florida U.S.A.

Another Just Brake Rip Off Report, BIG RIPOFF Brandon Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: CONFIRMED- RIPP-OFF'S

My rear brakes Started to grind two days ago. I called around and found that Just Bakes had the best prices by far, $99.88. I made an appointment and took the afternoon off to get the work done.

Upon arrival they seem real customer oriented. They made it a point to have me in the garage while they pulled my bakes off and kept telling me how they want the customers to see what they are doing, I thought this was great as most garages will not allow customers in the work area which always leaves a question of doubt to the work being done.

I had my front brakes replace about 4000 miles ago but I figured that for the extra ten dollars I would have all four done. When they pulled the bakes and rotors they proceeded to tell me that all four rotors needed to be replaced, all four calipers needed to be rebuilt.

They recommended changing some break lines need replacement and of course all the hardware i.e.: brake clips needed to be replaced. When it was all said and done the repair total was $869.00, far cry from the $99.88 special. I've worked on my own breaks for years and the only reason I took it in was lack of time.

So I knew they were trying to take advantage of the customer. If I were a person who had no idea about breaks they would have had me scared into doing the work. I told the manager that I could not afford to spend that so he asked me how much I could spend.....I told him around $200.00, big mistake.

He stared refiguring and came up with $243.00 for breaks and new hardware and told me I could get the rest of the work done later. If my breaks were as bad as they led me to believe, he would have been really concerned about not having the complete work done. I instructed him to only complete the $99.88 break job. He asked me how they were going to keep the breaks on without the new hardware. I told him with the hardware that held the brakes on when I came in.

I will never go back to Just Brakes and I recommend you don't either. I also recommend finding a local garage were you can build a rapport with the personnel. Thanks for letting me sound off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-604/Brandon-Florida-33511/Another-Just-Brake-Rip-Off-Report-BIG-RIPOFF-Brandon-Florida-15466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes #604

#1 Consumer Suggestion

CONFIRMED- RIPP-OFF'S

AUTHOR: DAN - ()

WELL ONCE AGAIN I FIND A JUST BRAKES RIPOFF REPORT. I CALLED THE STORE AND SPOKE TO MICH THE ASSISTANT MANAGER, YEA' HE'S REALLY GOT IT TOGETHER. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HIS OWN FAX NUMBER.

BUT I DID RUN IT BY HIM AND OF COURSE HE AGREED WITH THE MANAGERS SIDE. HE SAID RICK WORKED WITH THE MONEY THAT THE CUSTOMER HAD AVAIABLE TO MAKE HIS CAR RUN THE BEST THAT HE COULD.

YEA'OK IM SURE RICK WORKED WITH HIS MONEY ALRIGHT....WORKED HIS WAY TO THE LOCAL STRIP BAR WITH A FEW OF HIS TOP CERTIFIED MECHANICS. SPEAKING OF THAT I SPOKE WITH MY BROTHER WHO IS A CERTIFIED MASTER TECH AT COURTESY L/M AND RAN IT BY HIM AND HE TOLD ME THAT IF THAT CAR NEEDED THAT MUCH WORK AN ADDITIONAL 143 DOLLARS WOULD NOT CORRECT OR HELP THE PROBLEMS AND WITH THAT TYPE OF TROUBLE THE CAR WOULD NOT DRIVE GOOD OR AT ALL.

SO, YOU TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH. IM SURE THAT YOURCAR WAS NOT FALLING APART AND YOU MAY NOT NEED ALL THOSE REPAIRS. THIS REMINDS ME OF TIRE'S PLUS IN BRANDON, I CAN'T SPEAK OF THIS FOR LEGAL REASONS BUT THEY ARE BIG RIPPOFF'S - STAY CLEAR. IF YOU WANT TO REPORT THE BUSINESS YOU CAN RIGHT HERE AT THE RIP-OFF REPORT,.. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!