Complaint Review: Just Brakes 616

• Submitted: Fri, May 06, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, May 06, 2011

• Reported By: Zee — Parrish Florida U.S.A.
Just Brakes 616
6015 US Highway 301 N Ellenton, Florida United States of America

Just Brakes 616 Save your money- go somewhere else Ellenton, Florida

On 4/21/2011, I took my car to Just Brakes after hearing a noise that sounded like the brake pads on my car needed replacement.  At the time I took the car in I indicated to the Owner/Manager (Ben) that I did have an Extended Chryser warranty.  He indicated that dealer warranty would not cover such items.  I trusted him, and asked for an estimate.  The estimate included front & rear disk pads, rotor reconditioning, new brake fluid, front whell bearings and hubs.   Later, I was also told I needed front wheel bearings and hubs.  The car was left for service overnight.  When I picked up the car I was told I would also need control arms in the near future.

On 5/6/2011, I returned to Just Brakes after hearing a "clicking noise" in the front wheels for a couple of days.  The pulled the wheels off listened to and verified the sound, but were unable to determine what was causing the noise.

During the second visit, they asked for the Just Brakes paperwork and since I keep my warranty information with it I was surprised to learn that the bearings and hubs were covered by the warranty.  Keep in mind I asked the Manager at the onset if anything would be covered by the warranty.  He didn't read it simply responding, "dealer warrantys don't cover such things at the beginning of the process".  I knew that for brakes, and it was my fault as well for not checking the warranty closer before allowing the work.  I was charged $613 for the hubs and bearings which would have cost me $100 at the Chrysler dealership.

The disappointment was when I met with the owner, he denied ever discussing the warranty.  That's a flat out "LIE".

As a last observation, it should be noted I did get a second opinion on the work to be done.  All verified the work was necessary.  However...each suggested I avoid Just Brakes indicating their reputation for quality work was bad.

After an almost $1000 bill, I still have no idea what's causing the "clicking" sound.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2011 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-616/Ellenton-Florida-34222/Just-Brakes-616-Save-your-money-go-somewhere-else-Ellenton-Florida-726339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes 616