Complaint Review: Just Brakes #711

• Submitted: Mon, December 10, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 10, 2007

• Reported By:NORTH LAS VEGAS Nevada
Just Brakes #711
5690 Simmons Rd. Ste A115 N. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Just Brakes Just Brakes #711 Scam for services NOT needed N. Las Vegas Nevada

On November 27, 2007 I visited Just Brakes in hopes of getting some decent brake work done at a reasonable price. I expected to have pads replaced and rotors turned since nothing else appeared to be needed on my 2004 Honda with 34,000 miles. I was quoted the regular price plus tax for the work would be about $104. However, after they checked my car, I was told I needed much more work than I originally thought.

In addition to what I thought was necessary, I was told I needed rear calipers, disc hardware on both axles, and my brake system needed to be bled, refilled and adjusted; all for a cost of about $358. I told them just to put on new pads and turn the rotors.

After picking up my car later that afternoon, I noticed a strange "humming" noise when applying the brakes. I returned to the store immediately to talk to Eric, the store manager. He told me the noise was normal and should go away after a day or two. Two days later, I still had the noise and stopped by to make another appointment.

During my next appointment, on December 3, I was told that both my rotors were turned once again but that the noise was still noticeable, particularly in the rear axle. The store manager then informed me that since the tolerance was low and the rears could not be turned again, since they had been turned two times already, they would have to be replaced with new rotors. I was not a happy camper at this time since this was already my second visit and I had to wait a lot longer because the rotors had to be ordered and delivered. Later that day, I was finally called to pick up my car.

Although the noise was gone and I had new rotors on the rear, I decided to call the 800 number for Just Brakes and complain. I called them at 12:55 PM on December 3 but never got a response until the next day at 10:40 AM. This gentlemen from Corporate stated he would look into this matter and apologized for any inconvenience.

Since I was told by the Just Brakes store manager that I needed new calipers on the rear axle, I made an appointment at an independent auto shop to have my brakes checked. I was told that the replacement pads were cheap, after market pads, but indeed I did have new rotors on the rear. However, I was also told my calipers were fine and did NOT have to be replaced as I was told by Just Brakes. I will never return to Just Brakes for any work and would advise no one else to go either unless you want to be ripped off and scammed.

Frank b
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2007 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-711/N-Las-Vegas-Nevada-89031/Just-Brakes-Just-Brakes-711-Scam-for-services-NOT-needed-N-Las-Vegas-Nevada-290356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes #711