Complaint Review: Just Brakes Cedar Park Texas

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2003

• Reported By:leander Texas
Just Brakes Cedar Park Texas
309 North Bell Blvd Cedar Park, Texas U.S.A.

Just Brakes Cedar Park Texas Almost Ripped Off for unneeded repairs Cedar Park Texas

I took my F-150 into Just Brakes where I had taken it before to have the front brakes worked on. The front brakes clearly needed new pads and new rotors and I agreed.

The manager, Jim, said I needed all new pads on front AND rear, new rotors-front; the calipers rebuilt on all four and of course the rotors rear needed turning and then hardware for all the work.

Total was over $1,000 but since I had a pro-rated amount left on the warranty it was $750 which I though was very expensive.

A friend suggested to bring it in to his repair shop (foreign luxury cars) as somehting didnt sound right.
His mechanics looked it over and said it only needed front rotors and pads. EVERYTHING else was okay-calipers, rear brakes etc. The cost was $250 for parts and service and tax. They said clearly they were ripping me off ahd I done the work.

I called the maanger the next day to tell him I was concerned he was ripping people off and he said that he only told me that I needed the rotors and pads for the fron and that the other repairs were recommendations only. This was a lie. He showed me the cost for everyhting and said I needed it all done.
What a rippoff.

A interesting note is that an older couple had the exact same experice as I did while I was in the shop. They quoted the work needed on their Chevy 1500 was $1500 and needed almost everything replaced. The older gentleman was a former car shop supervisor and said not true so the couple had Just Brakes put it together and drove off.

I will never take my car to Just Brakes ever again and will tell everyone of my experience. Dont go there they will ripp you off.

Cedar Park, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2003 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Cedar-Park-Texas/Cedar-Park-Texas-78641/Just-Brakes-Cedar-Park-Texas-Almost-Ripped-Off-for-unneeded-repairs-Cedar-Park-Texas-73757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes Cedar Park Texas