Complaint Review: Just Brakes Emplopyee James

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 02, 2003

• Reported By:Kenneth City Florida
Just Brakes Emplopyee James
6790 US Hwy 19 N Pinellas Park, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes Employee James ripoff Pinellas Park Florida

After having a brake job from the Just Brakes#612 in Pinellas Park, Fl., I noticed a continued squealling and, after returning from vacation, I went to Just Brakes for them to check it out. After calling me into the bay, James told me that I needed new calipers. shim kit and master cylinder to the tune of over $500.

When asked why I was not told of these problems when the new brakes were installed, he looked at my original work order and said that the guy that performed that work didn't even work there anymore and that he couldn't answer for him. As he was telling me this, that guy walked right by me, so I told James that was him and he just mumbled something.

When I told James to put my car back together and that I would have my mechanic look at it, he tried to intimidate me by becoming nasty and stating that he would not allow another mechanic to work on "his" brakes or else the warranty would be voided.

When I left Just Brakes my brakes no longer squealed, (probably just a piece of dirt) however I took my car to another shop where they had two mechanics look at it and said that I did not need the over $500 repairs that Just Brakes had said that I needed and that the brakes were fine. They said that they constantly get people that have just left the Just Brakes with similar complaints of rip-offs.

Additionally, Just Brakes left the lug nut cover off of my wheel and now I must replace it at a cost of $35.

I was later informed by a mechanic that Just Brakes had been the subject of an 8-On-Your-Side TV investigation. Had I known of that, I certainly would not have taken my car to them in the first place.

Pat
St. Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2003 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Emplopyee-James/Pinellas-Park-Florida-33781/Just-Brakes-Employee-James-ripoff-Pinellas-Park-Florida-51357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes Emplopyee James