Complaint Review: Just Brakes, Just Brakes Store #311

• Submitted: Tue, July 17, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2007

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Just Brakes, Just Brakes Store #311
3254 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

Just Brakes, Just Brakes Corporate Office Just Brakes, Just Brakes Store #311 Broke My Transmission During Brake Service Ripoff Duluth Georgia

*Author of original report: Received Check from Just Brakes

*Author of original report: Just Brakes working to resolve issue

This past Saturday (July 14th, 2007) I stopped by a Just Brakes for the $99.88 Brake Service. Of course, it turned out to be ~$420. They called me a few hours later to tell me that my car is ready, but they are concerned about some clicking in my transmission in 2nd gear (my car is a manual). I have had no issues with my transmission before, and there was no indication that anything was about to go wrong.

I paid for the Brakes and went to leave. Reversing out of my spot I heard the clicking noise and got worried. I took my car onto the road and the noise got very loud. I shifted into 2nd gear and it was unresponsive. My entire 2nd gear has been destroyed, and every tooth on the gear is gone.

I pull back in and talk to the guy I dealt with. He quickly claims that my car was not test driven, and they noticed the noise when pulling my car out of the garage.

I called a tow truck, and as it is on the way another guy comes out and admits that in fact my car was test driven, and it was then they noticed that I didn't have a 2nd gear. They wanted to be kept updated on the situation.

Monday, the Subaru garage opens up my transmission and notes that my transmission was completely destroyed due to Abuse. They say, with 100% certainty, there was no wear and tear on the transmission, and the damage was caused by somebody either accelerating very fast in 1st then dropping the clutch in 2nd, or from downshifting at very high speeds into 2nd.

By the end of the day (Monday) Just Brakes has admitted fault, and agreed to pay for the damages. Now (Tuesday, July 17th) they are dragging their feet and saying they want more information, when we have already gladly told them everything we know. Even our dealership has called them and stated that because I dropped my car off without damage, and picked it up without a 2nd gear, that my car was abused while at Just Brakes that caused 2nd gear to be destroyed. There is no way I could have driven my car the 20 miles from home to Just Brakes with the transmission in that condition, and the technician would have noticed the sound when pulling my car into the service garage.

I am very upset about the whole situation, and just want to get my car repaired and returned to me. But now it is stuck at the dealership, and I cannot afford the repairs. I should have checked on this website about Just Brakes reputation before going, and I strongly suggest that nobody ever use their services again.

Craig
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2007 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Just-Brakes-Store-311/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Just-Brakes-Just-Brakes-Corporate-Office-Just-Brakes-Just-Brakes-Store-311-Broke-My-Tr-261499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes, Just Brakes Store #311

Received Check from Just Brakes

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

Just Brakes mailed us a check for the full amount of the new transmission.

Just Brakes working to resolve issue

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

The local Just Brakes has been very helpful and forthcoming on this issue. They are currently working with their corporate office to get this resolved, and it seems as though they are trying to make the situation right.