Complaint Review: Just Brakes - Largo Mall

• Submitted: Thu, June 17, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 17, 2004

• Reported By:Seminole Florida
Just Brakes - Largo Mall
Largo Mall, Largo, Florida Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes - Largo Mall ripoff Largo Florida

Just Brakes Largo Mall is Just Wrong! I went there in February for their "$99.00" four wheel brake job and about 30 minutes after dropping my SUV off they called telling me I needed all this work in excess of $850. I told them there was no way, that I only wanted the $99.00 deal. They said that the car did not meet the criteria for the $99 deal and it wouldn't be safe for me to drive it without all this other work. I told them to reassess and call me back with the absolute lowest deal. They called back with about $500 worth of repairs. I told them I would not and could not afford that. Then they told me that they would do this and that for approximately $375.00. I authorized the work because I needed my vehicle, but if I had not needed it I would have definitely picked it up and taken it somewhere else, because I felt I was being ripped off. I mean how can you start off at $865.00 and go all the way down to $375 within minutes?! When I picked up the vehicle they told me that the vehicle would probably squeak, squeal, pull, etc., as I refused necessary work. The vehicle does not do any of that, but is basically in the same condition as when I dropped it off...which really makes me wonder if they did anything at all!??

Dawn
Seminole, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2004 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Largo-Mall/Largo-Florida-33771/Just-Brakes-Largo-Mall-ripoff-Largo-Florida-95246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes - Largo Mall