Complaint Review: Just Brakes Ocala #631

• Reported By: R. Gallagher — Ocala Florida United States of America
Just Brakes Ocala #631
2425 E. Silver Springs Blvd Ocala, Florida United States of America

Just Brakes Ocala #631 Just Brakes 631...Just say NO! Ocala, Florida

Recently I had the misfortune of using the company Just Brakes.  After being greeted by the service manager I was told they would take a look at the brakes. After waiting for 15 minutes, the service manager told me the brakes were completely destroyed.  I was charged $912.72 and if it was not done immediately the brakes could seize up and there would be major consequences.  I later took the invoice and parts that were replaced to three other complete automotive repair shops and were told that the same repair with them would have been $770.00, 750.00 and $776.95 respectively based on the paperwork and parts from the repair. All three said that it was unlikely that the ceramic calibers would have needed to be replaced on a vehicle has less than 50,000 miles as well as only one rotor needed to be replaced the rest were resurfaced.
When I returned to discuss being overcharged and over sold I provided the written estimates for the general managers review. Several days later I met with him again regarding the price differentials and parts that were replaced unnecessarily.  He informed me that he would be willing to refund me $200.00 to go away.  I accepted his offer and thought the matter was concluded. I then received a call from their Orlando Market Director that he would not approve the refund unless he saw the parts of the vehicle.  I then asked for the corporate office and have spoken with the Director of Customer Services who said there would be no refund since their prices are comparable to Sears and K-Mart.  I explained we dont have Kmart automotive in Ocala.   The companys history of complaints is extensive.  I only wish I would have known earlier.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Ocala-631/Ocala-Florida-34470/Just-Brakes-Ocala-631-Just-Brakes-631Just-say-NO-Ocala-Florida-728548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes Ocala #631