Complaint Review: Just Brakes-Preston

• Reported By:Dallas TX
Just Brakes-Preston
5946 LBJ Freeway Dallas, Texas United States of America

Just Brakes Preston dishonest badwork unprofessionalism Dallas Texas

I took my car (2001 mitsubishi/galant) into Just Brakes on 8/17/02 because my brakes were sqeaking. I specifically asked if he could check to see if my break pads were low enough to trigger the brake sensor. The manager quoted me 99.88 just to check my brakes. That blew me away for a minute. I said, "are you kidding me?" Really hoping that he was joking. He went into a mechanical lingo tantrum.

I interrupted him stating that I just left a Just Brakes in Addison and they quoted me 27.50. (I left Addison location because a customer came in complaining about a brake job so I cancel my service order and went to the Preston location.) No knowing that I was leaving a possible bad service location to go to another. Well! He check my brakes out and came by with a diagnosis of 500.00 plus brake repairs. I asked him if he was kidding me, again.

I said it was no way that my car need a 500.00 dollar brake job done. He had the nerves to say that he can by me some time by doing a portion of it for 200.00 plus.I was pissed. I asked him if he was trying to hussle me! He got irate with me and the deal resulted to him doing the advertising brake job (99.88) . Driving home, my brakes did not feel safe to me so I reviewed my receipt. Only to discover that the manager noted on my receipt "decline repairs/ customer stated I am trying to f*** her".

I call the corporate office and a left message of phone numbers with times that I can be reach and they called me at home knowing that I was not there.

I'm taking my car to the Mitsubishi dealership 8/20/02 to find what was really done to my car.

My advise to "all" is to stick with the dealership for your car repairs or do it yourself.

Frances Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2002 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Preston/Dallas-Texas-75240/Just-Brakes-Preston-dishonest-badwork-unprofessionalism-Dallas-Texas-27347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes-Preston