Complaint Review: Just Brakes - Store #340

• Submitted: Sat, October 18, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, October 18, 2003

• Reported By:woodstock Georgia
Just Brakes - Store #340
9504 W. Hwy 92, Woodstock GA 30188 9504 W. Hwy 92, Georgia U.S.A.

Just Brakes - Store #340 ripoff, shoddy work, does not stand behind warranty Woodstock Georgia

I took my vehicle in Feb '03 for their advertised Friction Reline. What a joke. Before I was done it was over $370 for the repairs they said I needed. I knew my brakes were do, so initially didn't question the charges. 2 Months later there was a severe vibration coming from the front.

I took it back and the manager told me they would have to have machine the rotors AGAIN. I said okay, do it. Once they were done the manager told me there would be a charge. Of course I argued this because I was within the 3-month warranty. He eventually gave in and did not charge me.

9 months and 12000 miles later, my brakes were shot again. This time I was smart and took it to a mechanic I knew I could trust. He looked at the damage and could not believe that I had the brakes done only 9 months before. He said the calipers were holding the pads against the rotors and the pads were wearing down even when I was not touching the brake pedal. Either that or the whole thing was installed incorrectly from the beginning. The rotors had been machined down to almost nothing as well.

I had them fixed for $560 and went to Just brakes for a refund on the job they did so poorly. Their Customer Relations Manager told me that they would not give me the refund, and that essentially it was my fault that the brakes went bad on my vehicle. His reason was that I drive it. This company is ridiculous, I only wish I had found this site before I went there.

Frank
woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2003 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Store-340/9504-W-Hwy-92-Georgia-30188/Just-Brakes-Store-340-ripoff-shoddy-work-does-not-stand-behind-warranty-Woodstock-Geo-69467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes - Store #340