Complaint Review: Just Brakes Store #624

• Submitted: Tue, December 09, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2003

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Just Brakes Store #624
690 East Semoran Blvd., Casselberry, FL 32707 Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes Store #624 I was ripped off! Casselberry Florida

I came to Just Brakes because I felt that a shop that serviced only brakes might be quick and affordable. I was wrong.

I like many other came in for the $99.88 special. I was told upfront that the price with the front and back brakes included would come to about $199.

After the inspection the price climbed to $350. I gave them the ok to do the work. Soon afterward the continued to find new things that "needed" replacing.Before long the price climbed to $646.
At that point I felt that I had to let them continue because they had already been on the job for several hours.

In the end, the whole job took 8 hours and wound up costing me $900.15. I can't help but feel that they took advantage of me.
If they were really fair and honest, they should have told me up front that the job would have been so costly. They also should have told me that they would have a long time to wait for Volvo parts.
I request the return off the replaced parts before they started to job. They threw the parts away.
Please don't take your car to Just Brakes. They will rip you off!

If anyone else has a similar story they would like to share, please reach me here.

John
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2003 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Store-624/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Just-Brakes-Store-624-I-was-ripped-off-Casselberry-Florida-74569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes Store #624