acquired

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
Just Brakes, Store #705
750 E. Horizon Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Just Brakes, Store #705 Young woman, knows nothing, trusting... about cars Henderson Nevada

*Consumer Comment: COntact Nevada DMV

*Author of original report: update

My daughter took her car into the Just Brakes, Store 705 in Henderson. Her brakes were squeaking, and so she thought being the trusting person that she is. That the people their would be honest, about the nature of her problem. Needless to say, they weren't! Instead they took advantage of her! She was told her 2004 car,(which had they been an honest company, to stand behind their own advertisement, "We Really Do Care.") Would have told her that she should take her car to the dealer, since the problem they told her she had with her brakes, would have been covered under the warranty...... No, instead they told her she needed a new brake caliper, along with new front brakes. Her total bill, was almost $300.00. My daughter works three jobs, to make ends meet, she does not have money to give away, for costly repairs, that aren't needed. This work was done, in 10/06. This month, her brakes were squeaking loudly, I happened to be driving her car, and asked a mechanic I know to look at the car. I thought her brakes were going bad. She told me that she had just replaced them in 10/06. The receipt was in her glove box. The mechanic told me he believes that the brake caliper had not been replaced at all. Furthermore, the front brake that the caliper was supposedly changed on was never changed! The pad on that side, had wore down the the metal, furthermore, if she had not gotten the brakes changed the metal plate on the bad of the pad, would have then ate into her rotor. That would have been a costly replacement. Thanks to the people who Really Care! Yeah right......... I had talked to the dealership on Monday, regarding the brake caliper going out on a 2004 vehicle, they seemed to be well aware of Just Brakes. When I had explained that my daughter had her brakes replaced in 2006 by a local brake shop and the work they had done. I never said, who the company was, the Service Man at the dealership said, let me guess, Just Brakes did the work. Amazing huh? Seems as their reputation is well known by the dealership. So, be aware of the Just Brakes in Henderson, on Horizon, that before you let them do any work on your car, get another opinion. If you need a honest mechanic, just let me know, I will refer you to someone who will only do the work needed and you can believe that it won't cost you an arm and leg.

Hendersonresident
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2007 11:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Store-705/Henderson-Nevada-89015/Just-Brakes-Store-705-Young-woman-knows-nothing-trusting-about-cars-Henderson-Nevad-294721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes, Store #705

COntact Nevada DMV

AUTHOR: Bkz - (U.S.A.)

All repair shops in Nevada are licensed and either post a bond or agree to binding arbitration. Contact the state of Nevada DMV and file a complaint with them. They will investigate all complaints.

update

AUTHOR: Hendersonresident - (U.S.A.)

Furthermore, on Monday, Dec 24, 2007, I spoke to "Ben" at the 1-800 number of Just Brakes. He told me he would have to investigate the situation in order to rectify it. He called me back on Wed, Dec 26, to tell me the store #705 did not even have a copy of the original work order and he needed me to fax the work order to them. I guess to Just Brakes, it is not important to keep such information, to them, just another customer they ripped off. This is unprofessional of a company to not keep records!