Complaint Review: Just Brakes Stores 59, 68, & 67

• Submitted: Wed, January 03, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 04, 2007

• Reported By:chandler Arizona
Just Brakes Stores 59, 68, & 67
1266 W. Chandler Blvd, B-1 Chandler And Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Just Brakes Stores 59, 68, & 67 Brake jobs with safety hazards so you'll be sure to return Chandler And Phoenix Locations Arizona

*Author of original report: $99 brake job & below spec brakes

*Consumer Comment: Last time I worked on cars

*Consumer Comment: Last time I worked on cars

*Consumer Suggestion: Sandra, there is no such thing as a $99 brake job!

I went to store #59 for the $99 brake job as advertised. Dale, the mgr, told me the hardware needed to be replaced. Dale also offered to fix a leak in the rear differential, but I opted out of that offer. My brake job ended up costing $400. My brakes sounded like a huge bus coming to a stop. I returned to store #59 and Dale told me nothing was wrong and to come back if this continued. I called headquarters in TX and spoke to Dean who was very apologetic. Dean referred me to store #68 to fix the problem. Store #68 replaced all my brakes and even threw in new rotors. What a nice guy, that Mike. When coming to a slow stop from 40-60 mph, my steering wheel would shake uncontrollably. Stops at lower mphs would just pulsate. I finally took my truck to a mechanic utilized by coworkers. The mechanic at Canyon State Auto asked who did my brakes. He said that he could not resurface the rotors because resurfacing would place them below discard/machine to specs. I kept the parts so that I could request a refund from Just Brakes. I paid for new pads and rotors. I called good 'ol Dean at headquarters who said he'd gladly refund the cost of new pads, but not the cost of new rotors. In order to receive a refund for the rotors I'd either have to have Canyon State Auto write a letter with the technician's signature stating that the specs were too low to resurface the rotors or bring the rotors to a Just Brakes to evaluate. Either they are or they are not at fault. I brought the rotors to store #67 in Phoenix where the mgr, Mark, stated that he'd be happy to resurface the rotors for me and that they were not too low. I'm sure they'd be happy to send me on my way with unsafe brakes just as they have others posting to this site. I opted to request a letter from Canyon State Auto and kept my rotors as evidence when filing a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office. Someone should know that Just Brakes is sending their customers onto our roads with unsafe brakes. I hope that enough people complain about this organization to put them out of business!!!

Sandra
chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes-Stores-59-68-67/Chandler-And-Phoenix-Arizona-85226/Just-Brakes-Stores-59-68-67-Brake-jobs-with-safety-hazards-so-youll-be-sure-to-return-228477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes Stores 59, 68, & 67

$99 brake job & below spec brakes

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

The $99 brake job included only the two front wheels which is all I went in for, but Just Brakes recommended always replacing brakes all around. According to store #59, not replacing brakes all around could cause unnecessary alignments later. Not replacing hardware could result in needing brakes sooner than necessary. I have no mechanical background and I know some pads only cost $20 through local checker autos and auto zone shops. So having someone put them on for me for $99, when $55/hour is the going rate, appeared to be a reasonable deal. While this may be common sense to some, it is hard to understand how a business can advertise with a bright big sign. The only small print was that that larger vehicles might be charged more which again appeared to be reasonable. This would have only cost $99 plus tax had I not taken their recommendations.

The second person who commented is on target. The reason they had to redo my brakes the first time was because they used some cheap brakes. They had to order from the dealership.

I am grateful for this site getting the word out. Thank you for reading.

Last time I worked on cars

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Last time I worked on cars fulltime-about 25 years ago-I think the going rate around here was $89 per wheel to get a decent job done.

Last time I worked on cars

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Sandra, there is no such thing as a $99 brake job!

AUTHOR: Steve [Not A Lawyer] - (U.S.A.)

Sandra,

The price alone is a scam and should have been the first warning. There is no way any shop can do a proper 4 wheel brake job for $99. Absolutely impossible.

The pads/shoes you get for this price are junk, and usually below the spec of what your car calls for.

There is no way a shop could pay overhead and help on $99 4 wheel brake jobs.

Just common sense.