Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2008

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Just Brakes
4507-A Airport Blvd Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Just Brakes bait-and-switch sales tactic Austin Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Contradicts herself

On April 12, 2008 I went to a Just Brakes Store in Austin (Airport Blvd.) and from the time I spoke to the person at the front desk, I knew I was being mislead. It seemed as though all of my questions were returned with very vague responses.

When I was told of all the EXTRA work that needed to be done to my car, during the initial diagnostic phase, I decided not to have them do the work. When I asked them to return my car, they initially did not want to return my car. They wanted me to finish the entire diagnostic phase. When I insisted that I did not want them to do the work and that I wanted to get a second opinion, the joke of a manager, Jeremy, yelled "stop the work." They had began the work without me having authorized it.

I then took my car to Groovy Lube and was told that whomever had worked on my car had started the work and then suddenly stopped. When they put the tires back, they did not do it correctly.

I had to call the police to have them mediate and have the store return my car.

When I called the headquarters and spoke to Bob Marshall, I was told he would "look into it." Another sorry excuse for a person "in-charge." He told my side of the story and then told me he would get in touch with the store and see what they had to say. In the end, a week and a half later, I had to call Mr. Marshall back and ask him what he had been able to do. When he answered the phone, he wanted to know why I was calling. It was not obvious to him that I wanted to follow up on out conversation that he said he would look into. He had nothing helpful to say to me. Basically, he did NOTHING.

I will never go back to JUST BRAKES and will tell all my friends to stay far away from this business. I urge you to go somewhere else. Anywhere else. If something goes wrong, I guarantee you, you will not receive any help from anyone who is part of this horrible business called JUST BRAKES.

Blanca
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2008 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Austin-Texas-78751/Just-Brakes-bait-and-switch-sales-tactic-Austin-Texas-328328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes

Contradicts herself

AUTHOR: Jb Lead Tech - (U.S.A.)

First off I have to say that the story you have written is really contradicting.

You say that you never authorized the work, and I find that hard to believe as any customer that comes into Just Brakes is informed that they are authorizing us to start on the 99.88 when they sign, initial and date the repair order.

Second you say that you took your car elsewhere and then in the next paragraph you say you had to call the police to get your car back. Did you have to call the police to get it back from Groovy Lube, or Just Brakes???

I would also like to know how the tires were not put on correctly I have been working on cars for over 25 yrs, and I have never put tires on incorrect.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC