Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Reported By:Arlington TX
Just Brakes
Bedford, Texas U.S.A.

Just brakes Brake problem idiots Arlington Texas, nasty liars, ripoff crooks

I was hearing a grinding noise when I drove my 95 Land Rover Discovery. I have always changed my own pads and did so a week before I entered a Just brakes store on Harwood in the HEB area.
They first put the vehicle up on a lift and took the tires off.
They didn't do any work yet, They came to me and asked who put on the brake pads and if they were Genuine Land Rover parts. I explained that I had installed the pads and YES they were Land Rover parts.

The mechanic askes me what I want them to do, I tell them to fix the problem. The mechanic takes me over to the left rear rotor and askes me if I think the rotor is is smooth. I tell him NO and that's why I think he might want to machine the rotors. He tells me that you can't machine the rotors of a Land Rover because they are to soft. Besides that, he insults me and tells me that I should know better than to think I could fix a brake problem on this type of vehicle by just adding new brake shoes. If I authorize around $1,500.00 he could fix a brake problem on a Land Rover.

At that point I told to just put the d**n wheels back on, take it off the rack and let me get the heck out there. I turned to who I thought was the manager and asked how he could allow your employee's to speak to customers like that. He replied by telling me the guy I thought was the mechanic was the manger.
WOW, way to run business.

I finally get out of there after going to the front of the store and letting all the other customers know that they need to take thier cars to other places. Just Brakes calls the police at that point to have me taken off the premisis. I leave before the police get there, and head to Merlin Brake and muffler.
They put the vehicle up on the lift and turn the wheels. They discover in 10 seconds that it was a drive line Bushing that could be fixed in 10 minutes for $30.00. The noise didn't have a thing to do with the brake system after all, Just brakes was just going to start at one end of the vehicle replace everything and hope they fixed it. That bunch of idiots should be shut down.

Half the people that were in the waiting room were there for the second time anyway, seeing how Just Brakes never fixed thier problem the first time.

Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Bedford-Texas/Just-brakes-Brake-problem-idiots-Arlington-Texas-nasty-liars-ripoff-crooks-15398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes