Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Fri, February 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009

• Reported By:Altamonte Springs Florida
Just Brakes
690 East Semoran Blvd. Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes = Liars and Thieves! Casselberry Florida

Lately I've been noticing some slight shaking of my steering wheel in my 2005 Ford Taurus. So like all of you I went to a Just Brakes located in Casselberry, FL on Semoran Blvd. because the $99.88 special seemed too good to be true. Well guess what? It certainly was!

After "inspecting" my brakes they told me that both rear brakes were failing which caused my two front rotors to become so warped that they needed to be replaced. They then told me that they needed to go ahead and replace all of my rear brakes which included the wheel cylinders, drums, hardware, return springs, shoes, front rotors, and front pads for a total of $547.00 plus tax.

I immediately told them to put everything back together and that I wanted a second opinion. At that point they tried to force me into leave my car by saying, "Well, we've already got it taken apart and my guys are ready to do the work. So you might as well just let us do it!". But after some deliberation, they finally let me have my car back.

I then drove over to a (((competitor's name redacted)))(who also offers a free brake inspection), and the guy there told me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my rear brakes and that they appeared to be working like brand new. The only thing he said I did need was to replace my two front rotors since they are no longer machineable, and to have my brake lines flushed and refiled because the copper content was really high. He even said that he'll adjust and calibrate my rear brakes for free if I wanted him to. Simply amazing. I'm shocked that Just Brakes is still allowed to business in Central Florida.

Mike
Altamonte Springs, Florida

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2009 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Just-Brakes-Liars-and-Thieves-Casselberry-Florida-429091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes