Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Mon, November 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 27, 2008

• Reported By:henderson Nevada
Just Brakes
140 N Stephanie Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Just Brakes total rip off causing car accident... Henderson Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Questions..

*Consumer Suggestion: 08 Avenger ??

On October 10th, 2008 i went to Just Brakes off Stephanie and the 215 in Henderson, Nevada. On November 15th, 2008, Sunday Morning at 1 am My brakes went to butter and i ended up crashing into another car...luckely it was a friend. When i first went there i only went to see why my brakes were squeaking...i didn't even want anything done...just some questions answered. By time they called me out to the bay area they told me i had all these problems and the i neede new pads and calipers...my total cost for just the front brakes were $289.53. Then they kept pushing for my rear brakes to get done...i have an 08 Dodge avenger...i shouldn't need calipers...but i didn't know this then. so i paid the almost $300 and did the fronts...the next Friday i got a call from them saying to come bet my rear brakes done...another $100 bucks plus what ever other problems they found...so to complete my story, My car is now at a body shop and might be completely totalled because of an accident i could have prevented if my brakes would have worked. luckely i never went back for my rear brakes...my emergency brake wirks better than my front brakes do...(they "changed" the front brakes not the rear). Wednesday the 19th i have an appointment with a lawyer to see if i have a case against them. I guess we will se what happens. I have read on a few other people complaining about places here i vegas/henderson...i would love to be contacted by you guys or anyone who shares similer problems with this company.

Ellibug
henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2008 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Henderson-Nevada-89012/Just-Brakes-total-rip-off-causing-car-accident-Henderson-Nevada-392176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes

Questions..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

How do you figure that they are responsible for an accident that happened a month later? If the brakes were not working correctly why didn't you go back right away to get them fixed. If you were uncomfortable with them why didn't you go to another place.

By the way what did the lawyer say?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

08 Avenger ??

AUTHOR: Fivepointo - (U.S.A.)

Isn't your car under warranty? Not trying to be rude but why on God's Green earth would you take a "New" car, Under warranty to a place notorious for ripping people off? I have NO doubt they are liable for your accident but you should get a kick in the ass for taking it there and believing anything these thieves said. I am still amazed you took a new car to some shady shop and believed their line of crap. They said you needed wheel cylinders.... wheel cylinders are used on drum brakes. You have drum brakes .. on an 08. If you bought a car that still uses drum brakes you really are being sold a turd.