• Report: #220348

• Submitted: Mon, November 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 13, 2006

• Reported By:League City Texas
Just Brakes
14640- HWY 3 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Just Brakes Performs unnecessary work. Houston Texas

I almost went to Just Brakes after hearing their radio commercial for their $99.88 brake job. Fortunately, I read these comments first and then spoke to a guy at work, Brian, who told me about his experience. Brian told the guy at Just Brakes he wanted the $99.88 deal and to not to find anything else that needed to be done.

Long story short, his $99.88 brake job cost $200 and they wouldn't warranty the work because he didn't do all the unnecessary work they wanted to do. Brian said he never had any problems with his brakes without all the extra work Just Brakes tried to do to his car.

Brian also said that he didn't see one person come in after him who paid $99.88. Some of the prices he heard were in the thousands, $1,200 to as much as $2,000! Sure, some people actually do have have additional problems with their cars which do honestly require more work, but, every single person who walks in the door? Be real.

I just got my brakes done at Brake Masters Total Car Care, 4546 FM 4546 RD, Friendswood, TX, 281-996-7878. The price I was quoted on the phone by Ron Hedman, the owner, was the price I paid. Ron is super nice and I highly recommend him. Brake Masters only uses premium brake pads and they only do the work that needs to be done. Imagine that! Sure, Ron could have told me I needed rear brake pads too, but, he didn't. Instead he told me my rear pads are at about 50%. I paid $147.91 with tax.

Ron showed me a copy of a Just Brakes estimate for one of their $99.88 jobs which was brought to him by one of his customers. The total cost was $614.79 and all the additional work was not necessary.

I found out that when Just Brakes first opened in the Houston area there were so many complaints to the Better Business Bureau that a red flag went up and Just Brakes was busted in a hidden camera sting. It sure seems as if they are still up to their usual tricks and getting away with it.

If you need brakes in the Houston area go see Ron at Brake Masters Total Car Care, 4546 FM 4546 RD, Friendswood, TX, 281-996-7878. Tell him Fred sent you.

League City, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2006 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Houston-Texas/Just-Brakes-Performs-unnecessary-work-Houston-Texas-220348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes