Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Thu, May 06, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 06, 2004

• Reported By:Indian Rocks Florida
Just Brakes
Largo Mall, Largo, Florida Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes Rip-off! My $89 break job cost me $627! Largo Florida

I took my Rodeo Isuzu to Just Brakes for the $89 special. Next thing I know they claimed I needed all kinds of work including calipers--which they didn't have in stock. I ok'd extra shipping cost to get the part sent the same day from another shop.

I called later that day and was told the auto was ready. I took a cab to pick it up only to find out that the wrong part was sent and the work couldn't be done until next morning. Next morning I kept calling and had to miss another days work because it still wasn't ready.

After being told that it would cost me $627, they said I needed "other work". I said just complete the work and give me my auto back. They wrote on the bill that I refused "essential work which cause the auto to squeak, pull, swerve, etc." (It has been 4 years now and it hasn't done any of the above.)

They treated me badly and I suggest that your readers never go to a JustBrakes (I later heard that one of the TV programs did an expose on them..i.e. they advertise $89 but nobody leaves without paying under $250. All the SUV owners are charged up to $800.)

Thank you for your making people aware of Ripoffs!

J
Indian Rocks, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2004 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Largo-Florida/Just-Brakes-Rip-off-My-89-break-job-cost-me-627-Largo-Florida-90422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes