Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Sat, November 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 03, 2008

• Reported By:Ocoee Florida
Just Brakes
SR 50 Ocoee, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes Poor Workmanship - Unsafe - Total Rip Off Ocoee Florida

*Consumer Comment: Just Brakes....THE WORST!!!!!

If this company has done you wrong, like they have me, file a compliant with the Better Business Bureau - you can do it online at http://www.bbb.org/

I took my truck to Just Brakes and spent $500 on a "brake job" at their Ocoee (Orlando) store. 18,000 miles later after they put on new hubs (front rotors) the bearings failed because they did not put the retaining screws into the bearing retainer on my Nissan truck.

As a result - the front tires on my truck were trashed and the threads on tie rods were damaged so severely that a frontend alignment was not possible without replacing them. After spending over $750.00 in additional repairs at other repair shops to correct the damage to my truck it is now back in service.

I went in for the $99 SPECIAL and ended up with a $500 brake repair bill. So far this "professional brake job" has cost me days in repair shops and a total of over $1200.00.

Just Brakes response to all this has been the run around, multiple phone calls, multiple request for more and more documentation and now finally a denial of my claim. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - next stop if this doesn't get action is the State Department of Consumer Services.

I wouldn't let this company work on a bicycle much less any of my cars in the future - so do yourself a huge favor and take your car somewhere else for service!!

I am lucky the front wheels didn't come off my truck at highway speed - you could be next.

It just breaks my heart to see 400 plus other people on this site reporting so many problems with this company - they should be ashamed of themselves for ripping off so many people. I do not know how they can sleep at night.

Ripoffreport.com - wish I had checked here first, I sure will next time before I do business with anyone. Awesome website and service you provide here!! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for letting me file this report to help others!

Brett - florida
Ocoee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2008 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Ocoee-Florida-34761/Just-Brakes-Poor-Workmanship-Unsafe-Total-Rip-Off-Ocoee-Florida-387071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes

Just Brakes....THE WORST!!!!!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Just Brakes is the single highest company (and I use that word loosely) reported for theft of the rippedoffreport. Do yourself a big favor and stay away. Spread the word to everyone you know. If everyone can deter just one person from going there it will be a start.