Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 11, 2008

• Reported By:orlando Florida
Just Brakes
W Colonial Dr/Hwy 50 - John Young Parkway Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes Are Un-just Crooks! Rip Off, Criminal, High Pressure, Quota's, Deceptive Practices, Hostage & Blackmail Orlando Florida

I took my 2004 Trailblazer with less than 10K miles on it to just for brakes for the 99$ special. The guy at the counter with one eye told me he didnt know how long it would be for the brake change and that I should go home and that he would call me later. I told him I need my car back tonight, I told him I will just stay and wait since I had nothing to do anyway. He then said "ok if you want to waste your time." So, I came in just to get a good deal for new brakes, I didnt really need them, I am just proactive like that. So about 25 minutes later(so much time wasted) he calls me outside (away from the other customers) and he gets his lead mechanic and they both proceed to tell me that I need 900$ worth of services to fix my truck because the entire assembly holding the rear brakes is bad and needs to be repaired. "Your Tires could fall off at anytime..." & "your lucky blah blah blah.."... So I says "I cant afford it, just do the 99.00$ special and slap it back together and I will take my chances." Hint: I grew up working on cars... I used to do my own brakes... I just decided that I made enough money now to pay someone else to do it.

Now back to the action-- I knew they were trying to pull something on me, they asked if I just bought my truck when I first arrived, tried to get me to leave and deal with me via phone only, pulled me to the side away from the next victims in the waiting room, and made something up. When that did not work they tried to use scare tactics. "I dont know if I can put it back together...", "We are responsible if you get hurt after we put this back together", "You dont care about your safety" and so on. I finally said I know how to change brakes... I dont need all that other stuff,He then tried to force me to tell him how I know how to change brakes and brake fluid, at this time I was visible aggravated... I told both of them just to give me the special--thats all I am paying for-- thats all their going to get out of me. The guy with one eye then walked inside where his other customers were and I told him again, Only the 99$ special and nothing else. He then yelled "IF THATS WHATCHA WANT THAS ALL YOU GOIN GET!" I said "Good, I will be waiting." I sat down and he went back outside. Everyone in the waiting room then asked what happened and I told them they tried to pressure me into more repairs... and when I said no they tried force me. They all said the same thing had happened to them but agreed to the repairs. Most of the vehicles had been there for a couples of days unassembled while the victims(soccer moms and young kids) tried to scrap the money together to get their "brake problems" solved by Just Brakes. Their entire business model is based on decieving & belittling you into making false and unneeded repairs. The worse part is that they have mechanics trying to scam people who are obviously smarter than they are and their 99$ special only attracts cheap skates and the poor who cant afford their problem solving services. It is almost amazing that the are still in business with that kind of business reasoning. They are trying to squeeze blood from a turnip. Unless you are familiar with mechanics or have a penchant for haggling do not go to Just Brakes. Young, old and naive people should stay away.

MeanSean
orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Orlando-Florida-32811/Just-Brakes-Are-Un-just-Crooks-Rip-Off-Criminal-High-Pressure-Quotas-Deceptive-Pract-390160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes