Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2008

• Reported By:oldsmar Florida
Just Brakes
35065 US HWY 19 N. Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Just BrakesJust Brakes Consumer Fraud and Dangerous Practices Palm Harbor Florida

*Consumer Comment: You work for Just Brakes, that says it all!

*UPDATE Employee: No way on a Sunday

*Consumer Comment: This company is bad!!!!!

I took my daugher's Toyota Corolla in to Just Brakes in Palm Harbor on a Saturday because the brakes were making a squeaking noise. She is a college student, classes start in a couple days, so we had to have them looked at quickly. I was told they would just take off the tires and inspect the brakes and let me know if there was a problem.

We sat in the waiting room, and after about 20 minutes, I walked outside and looked into the garage. Kenny, one of the managers asked if that was my car. I said yes, and he said let me show you what's wrong with it. I went into the garage with him, and they everything on all 4 wheels taken apart and all 4 brake assemblies on the floor. He had already ordered the parts from Advance Auto, next door. He said I needed $503.73 worth of parts and repairs. I told him to just put it all back together, I would take it back to the guy who installed them only a year before, Mike at Supreme Auto in Safety Harbor. They put it back together, one of the managers drove it to make sure it was put together properly. My daughter drove it home.

When I got home she told me it was now making a "different" noise. I drove it and it was making a big clunking sound now. I decided to wait and take it back to Mike. He took all 4 wheels off and checked them. The brake caliper on the front passenger side was loose. He tightened it up and inspected the rest of them and told me they were perfectly fine and good for at least another 10,000 miles. Imagine my daughter driving back and forth to school with brakes that were not put together properly! It is really sad that these people are putting consumers at risk with their rip-off techniques. My son had taken his truck in there on a Sunday 6 months ago and was charged $574.00 for brake work. I am certain that he was ripped off then as well.

I would advise anyone with a brake problem to NEVER take their car to Just Brakes. I would also advise anyone that has had a problem there to notify your State Attorney's office.

claudia
oldsmar, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34684/Just-BrakesJust-Brakes-Consumer-Fraud-and-Dangerous-Practices-Palm-Harbor-Florida-365756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes

You work for Just Brakes, that says it all!

AUTHOR: Psyop - (U.S.A.)

This location ripped me off to the tune of $900. EVERYONE I know who has gone there reacts with a lot of anger at being ripped off. Fox5 did an expose on their deceitful practices, too! You work there, and it is known that those who associate with LIARS are often LIARS themselves! Just Brakes deserves to be put out of business, once and for all.

No way on a Sunday

AUTHOR: Just Brakes Lead Tech - (U.S.A.)

Steve you say your son took his truck in to this same store six months ago on a Sunday, there is no way. Just Brakes has never been open on Sundays. If you had this car worked on only a year ago by someone you say you trust, you must not really trust him if you did not take it back for him to look at when it started squeaking.

This company is bad!!!!!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Just Brakes now has 406 complaints on this site alone. I wonder how many people they rip off that never say anything? This franchise is a cancer to the buissness world. Let everyone you know about these people before they kill someone after they rip them off.